The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is C1 21 not free for Phase One users ?

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

Due to a computer problem, I had to have my Windows reinstalled. Of course, all installed software was lost in the process ...
This happened in Dec2020, and since, I was abroad, not using this Windows computer.
But now I'm back, and I downloaded C1 21 to work on some images I just shot with my Phase One DF and the digital back P30+
On opening C1 21, it sends me straight to a window to buy a licence ...
All went fine until last December when I used C1 20 (free) without problems ...

Isn't C1 free anymore for P1 users ?
Am I doing something wrong ?

Any help is appreciated !!!
Rafael

MartinN

For Capture One > v12 you need to register your back somehow with Phase One. I did not want the hassle so I recommend downloading the old version 12 to use immediately, and then investigate how the registration process goes if you want to use a newer version.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I believe you can still download a "DB only" version of C1 and use it for free with registration of your DB. The full version costs as it supports other cameras.

Its convoluted and a pain but yes you register your back on the Phase One site and then generate a DB only license from that which is good for all version of C1. I prefer the old way where you just get it and launch in DB-only mode but for some reason they changed it with C1 20 to this new convoluted system.

f6cvalkyrie

Thank you all !!!

I headed over to my Phase One account, where I had already registered my P1 gear ... and there I found a Capture One for Phase One license key ...
So, all should be fine ...

have a nice day,
Rafael