The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

Godfrey

I have been wanting to get spares for my 907x/CFVII 50c as well, so I contacted Hasselblad via their support chat:

Q: Where can I get a rear body cap, front body cap, and front CFV cap for my 907x/CFVII 50c 50th Anniversary Edition? I've misplaced these items and want to replace them.
A: If you send an email to [email protected] then they can assist you with purchases

Seems pretty straightforward. I sent an email. :D

G

Photon42

I have been wanting to get spares for my 907x/CFVII 50c as well, so I contacted Hasselblad via their support chat:

Q: Where can I get a rear body cap, front body cap, and front CFV cap for my 907x/CFVII 50c 50th Anniversary Edition? I've misplaced these items and want to replace them.
A: If you send an email to [email protected] then they can assist you with purchases

Seems pretty straightforward. I sent an email. :D

G
If you are keeping the manufacturer's boxes, did you check there ...?

Godfrey

If you are keeping the manufacturer's boxes, did you check there ...?
Yes. I know I had all three caps in a plastic bag in the back of my usual carry bag for the Hassy ... and then I pulled everything out of that bag to carry something else in it for a one-time use. Somehow, the plastic bag with caps in it got separated from the rest of the gear when I put it all back into that bag; I know it has to be somewhere in my over-full closet of camera equipment and accessories, but so far i have not been able to put my finger on them. 😱

Hasseblad USA sent a note back within minutes and asked for my shipping address for the order. I sent it to them, but no word since. I presume they'll send the order with an invoice for me to pay... ? But I will celebrate their magnanimous generosity if they just send me a set, gratis! :D

G

Godfrey

Update: I received the shipment invoice today, paid it, and my cover set is presumably on the way.
The three covers are about $50 all together, but add shipping ($25) and sales tax(~$9); the total came to $82.

I know this means I'll find my originals within ten minutes of the new ones arriving... LOL!

G

Godfrey

PS: talk about customer service ...
When I paid the invoice, the interaction with the payment mechanism acted in an odd way and I wasn't sure that my payment had been properly input. I wrote a note back to the Hasselblad help desk, telling the rep that and asking him to please confirm the payment and order at his earliest convenience. This was yesterday at 3pm pacific time.

Twenty minutes later, my phone rang. It was another customer rep at H ... he said, "Bernard's gone home for Easter weekend, but I saw your email come in on the help line and figured I didn't want you to worry about the order all weekend. Yes, the order went through; it's all packaged up now, but we're past UPS for today, so it will go out on Monday. Have a great weekend!"

I have to admit I was astonished. Now that's personal service! Bravo to Hasselblad USA for service above and beyond the norm! :D

Note: The automated order confirmation kicked in a few minutes later and I got the official notice saying the same thing.

G

Bruno

Hi there!

Long time without post.

I'm really in love with this camera, need one!

My concerns are... using M system (mostly 28/35 few times 50), what would be a nice setup?

M10-R and 35/2 asph + 907x with 38V and 90V?
Q2 + 907x and 55v ?

Want it mostly for portraits and Road Trip (kind of gas station, old houses, etc...).

Greetings from Spain.

Godfrey

My 907x kit has 21, 45, 65 mm lenses now. I had a 90 and found I didn't use it much. I find the 21 and 65 what I use most. I also use the CFVII 50c back on my 500CM quite a bit, and there I find I'm using the 120Macro and 180 mm lenses most of the time.

My M kit includes 10, 21, 28, 35, 50, 60R, 75, 90, 100R, 135, 180R, with 35, 50, & 75 used most.

I don't usually carry more than one camera at a time.

G

Bruno

wow Godfrey! nice to read U again!

Too many lenses, I'll be ok with 2 or 3 lenses, would You recommend wait for a wider lens than a 38V ? then kind of 30V 55V and 90V?

Dunno for the full frame if keep the M or just go for a Q, nice camera but at the end found M lenses better and more joy to use the M.

sjg284

M10R / 907X-100C owner here.
Primarily an M shooter since forever (M2, M3, M6, RD-1, M8, M5, M7, M240, M10, M10M, M10R) ....
My M10R kit right now its just the Dual Hexagon 21/35 & 35lux FLE II. The lux basically lives on the camera.

With the 907X-100C I am currently shooting the 45p because of size/weight/cost/availability.
I think my ideal kit would be more like the 28p & 38, but +$5k my current lens and weeks/months wait to get my had on them.
I have been contemplating adding a longer/macro lens, or a 500C+V macro lens, as its something I dabble in but not much.

Q2 is a lot of fun, don't have it anymore, I think of it as a travel/events/street type camera for sure.
The question is what purpose would it serve - faster action than HB will AF / you can focus Leica?
For portraits and non-action road trip photos the AF/speed benefit of the Q2 may not matter.

I find with the HB vs Leica, the AF allows me to focus more on the composition than on focussing.
If you like your M, keep your M, no need to sell it to replace with 2 different cameras.
I'm also like Godfrey in that I generally only travel with 1 camera, and often only 1 lens.

Godfrey

wow Godfrey! nice to read U again!

Too many lenses, I'll be ok with 2 or 3 lenses, would You recommend wait for a wider lens than a 38V ? then kind of 30V 55V and 90V?

Dunno for the full frame if keep the M or just go for a Q, nice camera but at the end found M lenses better and more joy to use the M.
It's a bit too many lenses for the M, I agree, but they're accreted over many years and distributed over three M bodies in general. :)

I don't know why Hasselblad discontinued the XCD 21mm f/4, it's a terrific lens. But hopefully they'll have a replacement soon. I specifically wanted something in the 20-22 mm range to give myself the idea of an all-digital Hasselblad SWC, which the 21mm on 907x feels like when you go to a square crop. I always like the idea of an ultrawide lens, even if I don't take too many photos with it. So ... what you decide for your needs, well, I don't know what to suggest. 45mm on 907x is approximately a conventional 35mm on FF 35, so 38 is closer to a 28mm on FF 35 ... which is wide enough for most work. But it's not extreme like a 21mm. ??

I like the Q2M, but I prefer manual focus, an optical viewfinder, and see little point to duplicating what I already have with the M and a 28mm f/2 lens. :)

G

Photon42

Hi there!

Long time without post.

I'm really in love with this camera, need one!

My concerns are... using M system (mostly 28/35 few times 50), what would be a nice setup?

M10-R and 35/2 asph + 907x with 38V and 90V?
Q2 + 907x and 55v ?

Want it mostly for portraits and Road Trip (kind of gas station, old houses, etc...).

Greetings from Spain.
Portraits of course also work with a waist level camera, but it is a little different. If you have experience with it, forget my post. Else I suggest you try it out first.

Epstar83

My current setup is:

Leica: SL2 / M10 Monochrom / Film MP + 21/3.4 SEM, 35/1.4 FLE, 50/2 Cron V5, Elmarit-M 90/2.8 & LLB Elcan 50mm f/2

Hasselblad: CFV 100C + 45P, Hasselblad SWC and Cambo WRS 1000 with CF 50mm f/4 FLE and Planar 100mm F/3.5.... also have a 35HR and 47XL that are busy being converted to WRS mount. Hopefully Hasselblad will come up with a fix for the PDAF issues soon...

Pentax 67ii 55/4, 90/2.8 & 160/2.8

Chamonix 4x5: Grandagon 90/4.5, Nikkor-Q 300mm f/9... looking for a replacement for my Nikkor-W 135/5.6 which I sold to a friend starting out in LF.

Godfrey

I've always been curious about the Hexanon Dual 21-35mm. Seems to be an amazing option for travel.
That's a lens I've had on my "interested" list for a bit. It's a nice combination of two useful-to-me focal lengths in one lens, and I understand it is a very good performer. Maybe someday soon... ;)

G

Epstar83

That's a lens I've had on my "interested" list for a bit. It's a nice combination of two useful-to-me focal lengths in one lens, and I understand it is a very good performer. Maybe someday soon... ;)

G
Totally! I see them come up locally from time to time, but never got around to trying one yet. I did try the Tri-Elmar 28-35-50 for a while but never really got on with it. The Hexanon Dual seems a more practical combo of focal lengths. Combine that with one fast prime for low light and portraits and it's a very light weight and compact travel kit.