The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

Paul Spinnler

Price is great – should boost sales of third party cams, e.g. Alpa, Cambo, Arca. Lower than expected, almost a no brainer as it costs just a tiny bit more than upgrading an XT lens to tilt!

From a value perspective very good (no more made in Sweden mark ...).

Hope it boosts the body sales of the third-party manufacturers so we can see some innovation down the line.

Last edited:

jduncan

Great news, and I love that Hasselblad's new firmware technologies are working on it.

This one is sponsored, but has nice pictures:

Notice that the stabilization is not there, but the face AF is.

Best regards,

jduncan

I'll start - no IBIS. This is going to absolutely suuuuuuuuuck on V series bodies and maybe even on the 907x without a tripod.

Pretty compelling if you're using a tech camera though, got to say.
I don't know if this is a joke, or not 🤣
But I will add that if the back sucks without IBIS then the 500 series have been sucking since the 1960s
It's a nice compromise, in particular for a high-resolution sensor that can be mounted in a traditional camera.
There is no cheap way to align the optics with the sensor.

As I said I prefer the X format, but I would love if someone gifted one to me 😂

Best regards.

Ai_Print

Great news for those who are looking for it with a good price to boot and not at all surprising it has no IBIS, they actually shaved weight off of it.
Now let’s get a couple more of the new V type lenses out, specifically ones for landscape work that have sharp corners.

leejo

But I will add that if the back sucks without IBIS then the 500 series have been sucking since the 1960s
Well yeah, but on film you don't see it - grain increases apparent sharpness and the resolution is way lower even with high end scans. I'll repeat what I wrote a while back: "There’s a reason why mirrorless is becoming the norm with high resolution digital sensor cameras. When you have a big flapping piece of metal/glass right next to the sensor it turns out that can be bad for sharpness. This is quiet evident when using the CFV with a V camera."

Paul Spinnler

Would be got to get a read on the ES skew for free hand - I think it’s a no go for the Gibellini contraption; V has shutter so there no problem.

Looks like:

+ Ideally at home in Hassy ecosystem, incl. for free-hand tech cams (no Gibellini, or TC given skew)
+ Entry ticket for shift tech cam world

A shift body + 40 HR and your're done – endless stitch and shift potential and very balanced focak length.

For free hand makes sense to stick to Hassy land.

Last edited:

B L

Seems to be nicely priced too:

The Hasselblad 907X & CFV 100C has an MSRP of EUR €7,799 and USD $8,199.
Great news and very welcoming. I am sure lots of people will want to get shut of their 50MP mark II back for the new one. I think I will wate for a bargain price on 50MP !:p

jduncan

Well yeah, but on film you don't see it - grain increases apparent sharpness and the resolution is way lower even with high end scans. I'll repeat what I wrote a while back: "There’s a reason why mirrorless is becoming the norm with high resolution digital sensor cameras. When you have a big flapping piece of metal/glass right next to the sensor it turns out that can be bad for sharpness. This is quiet evident when using the CFV with a V camera."
Hi,

What kind of film do you normally shoot with your 500 series? ISO 100, 200 400? The Hassy doesn't mind being shot faster.
I see your point, but I don't believe it will be a major issue for traditional shooters.
If someone needs to shoot slower the person can use a tripod.

Finally, Hasselblad and Phase One have been selling digital backs without IBIS for years, and nobody seems to mind, both cropped and uncropped sensors.
How is this different?

It's a good price for a nice, beautiful back with a 1TB internal ssd, and well made: It's a winner

I hope people who could use a back to complement their traditional camera don't get bullied into paying for an old US$ 25K+ back that does not have IBIS either, and with nothing like the 907x for those days one wants to travel with a single lens on a lightweight package.

Hasselblad is in a roll, I hope they sell the new cameras well so DJI continues to invest on the brand. It will be good for everybody in the MF space, even Hasselblad rivals.

Every single one of them, Hasselblad, Fuji, and even P1 (they don't seem to see it) needs the other to succeed, or Sony is going to drop MF sensor development.

Best regards,

Last edited:

anyone

A really compelling package indeed. Is Dante still around?

How heavy is this back including battery?
How well works the e-shutter compared to a FPS of the GFX?

leejo

> What kind of film do you normally shoot with your 500 series? ISO 100, 200 400? The Hassy doesn't mind being shot faster.
> (and)
> I have no problem shooting 503cw handheld with both film back and IQ160, you don't need new tech to produce decent work.

I mean, I had no problem shooting handheld with my 202FA, and 203FE on multiple projects over a couple of decades. I always shot them handheld, never in a studio, and rarely on a tripod. No problem pushing film to as high as 6400 ISO and above and shooting higher shutter speeds. I shot action with these cameras! And the shots look sharp, because there's enough dependent variables in the flow to make it seem that way.

I bought the CFV II 50c, had both my V cameras serviced and calibrated, had split screen prism focusing screens in both, and: needed to change the approach. The compromises with the 50MP version of the back were enough that I think it was crippled as a walk around setup. If it wasn't the slight focus misses it was the vibration. The 100MP version is going to be worse.

But, like I say, for use on a tech camera this looks compelling.

ThdeDude

It's my understanding that the X2D 100C has no:

- two exposure (highlight, shadow) averaging, like IQ4's Dual EXP+, and

- long exposure shot averaging, like IQ4's automatic frame averaging.

Assume also out of luck here for the CFV-100C.