The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

hasselblad 503cw

Great news and very welcoming. I am sure lots of people will want to get shut of their 50MP mark II back for the new one. I think I will wate for a bargain price on 50MP !:p
got point. same as me. how much will be good price for near mint 907x 50c trade? half price of new 100c?
update: There were one mint all boxed 907X on the Ebay asking price £3600. Good used one would below £3000 recently

Last edited:

Paul Spinnler

The P1 IQ5-200 would have double resolution and value added tech features around dynamic range, connectivity, long exposure for 5.5x the price.

The new Hassy back seemingly also only has 15 stops. You will have more DR on the big Phase gear.

It’s a nice tiering which makes sense and if you can afford the big guns you will also get more features.

It’s a nice evolution of the market.

hcubell

It's my understanding that the X2D 100C has no:

- two exposure (highlight, shadow) averaging, like IQ4's Dual EXP+, and

- long exposure shot averaging, like IQ4's automatic frame averaging.

Assume also out of luck here for the CFV-100C.
I expect so, as those features have not been incorporated into the X2D firmware. Hasselblad really should do it, unless the hardware doesn't support the required processing.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Well , one thing for sure, its going to demolish the market price for used backs.
Judging from history, it will crush the price of 100MP or lower backs, but have little to no effect on the 150MP.

Reactions: B L

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I expect so, as those features have not been incorporated into the X2D firmware. Hasselblad really should do it, unless the hardware doesn't support the required processing.
Frame averaging is one of the simplest computations in all of photo processing. You need one buffer, and then each exposure requires only two multiplications and one addition per pixel. And you don't even have to know how many frames you will end up taking. I'm amazed that it isn't more common - unless it's an IP issue.

diggles

- two exposure (highlight, shadow) averaging, like IQ4's Dual EXP+, and

- long exposure shot averaging, like IQ4's automatic frame averaging.
Frame averaging would be cool and must be doable with firmware, this device can do it…

I tried Dual EXP+ a number of times, but the results weren't worth it to me so I stopped using it. Movement in foliage renders with a strange 'posterized' look. BSI sensors have plenty of dynamic range to work with anyway.

Paul Spinnler

Looks like P1 is still the place to be for the nifty firmware stuff, highest res and DR.

Besides a cheap BSI 100 megapixel sensor for the masses with nice colour science, the most sought after features remain top-tier exclusives.

tcdeveau

I was hoping the price would be less than the X2D but that’s really my only quip. Glad it’s here finally.

Steve Hendrix

I would have liked to have seen IBIS. However, there were certainly some shortcomings from the previous gen that were addressed:

- There is now a hot shoe for the 907x
- Now PDAF and Face Detect AF

And some very nice new features:

- Double the resolution (100mp)
- BSI sensor
- 1TB built-in SSD

What I like about the product is that, in addition to the many configurations you can use it in, specifically for tech cameras, it helps relieve some of the high cost for those wanting to get into a premium tech camera system with a BSI sensor. And thank you for having a tilt screen.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Steve Hendrix

I was hoping the price would be less than the X2D but that’s really my only quip. Glad it’s here finally.

Actually, in a way, you could say the price was reduced, because the X1D-50c listed at $5,750, while the 907x/CFV 50c II was $6,399 ($650 higher).

Since they the X2D and the 907x/CFV 100c are the same price, you could look at it as the 907x/CFV 100c coming down in price to match the price of the X2D.

Sort of. You know me, I sometimes try to look on the bright side.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Last edited:

Ai_Print

I would have liked to have seen IBIS. However, there were certainly some shortcomings from the previous gen that were addressed:

- There is now a hot shoe for the 907x
- Now PDAF and Face Detect AF

And some very nice new features:

- Double the resolution (100mp)
- BSI sensor
- 1TB built-in SSD

What I like about the product is that, in addition to the many configurations you can use it in, specifically for tech cameras, it helps relieve some of the high cost for those wanting to get into a premium tech camera system with a BSI sensor. And thank you for having a tilt screen.

Steve Hendrix/CI
And don’t forget that it’s 120 grams lighter than its predecessor.

TimoK

And what if Cambo would come out with a ( much ) recessed Actus lensboard for Fuji's new TS 30mm ?