The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LCC with 150mm filter holder

Greg Haag

I tried searching this topic with no luck, could someone possibly tell me how you handle LCC’s with 150 mm filter holder on your lens?
Thanks in advance,
Greg

jng

Hi Greg,

What filter system are you using? One approach is to cut/machine a sheet of translucent plexiglas to fit your filter holder (or vault if that's what your setup uses). You should double check but I think the thickness of the sheet should be 2mm. This is my current solution, courtesy of @dchew. Ditto for dark frame. I think Dave posted on this here a while back.

John

Greg Haag

Hi Greg,

What filter system are you using? One approach is to cut/machine a sheet of translucent plexiglas to fit your filter holder (or vault if that's what your setup uses). You should double check but I think the thickness of the sheet should be 2mm. This is my current solution, courtesy of @dchew. Ditto for dark frame. I think Dave posted on this here a while back.
John
Thank you John! I will try to locate that post. Did you get the translucent plexiglass at a hardware store? I am using the NiSi filter system.
Thanks again,
Greg

jng

Thank you John! I will try to locate that post. Did you get the translucent plexiglass at a hardware store? I am using the NiSi filter system.
Thanks again,
Greg
Actually I got my LCC from Dave himself, who I think repurposed it from a Mamiya/Leaf LCC. You can try TAP Plastics - they have a wide assortment and can cut to order. You’ll need to decide on the % transmittance, but these are inexpensive enough that you might order a few and see what works best. Others here can hopefully provide better and more specific guidance.

John

dchew

Greg,
John is correct. I had an extra LCC card. I milled down the edge to 2mm so it would fit into John’s vault. I don’t know the Nisi system. I think most of them are 2mm. I did the same for myself and put it into an H&Y filter frame.
The post might have been in my original thread about the H&Y system. I’ll see if I can find it.
Dave

Greg Haag

Greg,
John is correct. I had an extra LCC card. I milled down the edge to 2mm so it would fit into John’s vault. I don’t know the Nisi system. I think most of them are 2mm. I did the same for myself and put it into an H&Y filter frame.
The post might have been in my original thread about the H&Y system. I’ll see if I can find it.
Dave
Thank you Dave! Do you think that I could find something like this at a hardware store or will I have to order it? I’m leaving next week on a trip and was hoping I could get this figured out before then. I have a friend who has an engineering company and they can do the cutting and everything needed, if I can just figure out a local source for the material.
Thanks again!
Greg