The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica mtf graph

Duff photographer

Howdo,

While one can download pdf files of the MTF graphs for the newer R lenses from Leica's website, I can't find one for the Apo-Telyt-R 280mm f2.8 [11263] which ended production in 1996 (to be replaced by the modular 280mm).

Google has not been my friend in this regard, so does anyone possess or have a link to such a file?

Ta.

Duff.

Duff photographer

Try searching the old Leica websites in the wayback machine ... https://archive.org/web/
Ah, of course!

(a few moments later)

Seems that Leica have eradicated all traces of the 280mm f2.8 upon the introduction of the modular version, and I now have the growing suspicion that there was never a publicly available PDF of the lens' MTF, as the lens was discontinued just as the internet was getting going. Photodo did their own MTF test of the lens, but there is no test of the 280mm f4 or of the f2.8 modular version to directly compare it with.

...and I'm not going to bother Leica with a request, so I shall leave it there.

Thanks Paul.

Cheers,
Duff.