The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica SL2-S the best digital camera ...

algrove

APO35 shot upped shadows by 40. For APO 90 shots they are both OOC no adjustments. Clearly the SL2S is impressive.

algrove

One further comment. I thought I would use many of my M lenses on the SL2S, but now I find these Leica AF lenses so good that I do not even grab an M lens when heading out with my SL2S.
One big question is which SL 50 to get. For me the SL50 Lux is just too big so that limits my choices to the SL APO 50 or the new SL Summicron 50 which is much lighter. The APO 50 has the best IQ. and since I already use SL APO lenses, the APO 50 makes the most sense.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I've had three SL2s' over the last two years, testament to the fact that I keep coming back to it! At the moment I have a Sigma 35mm 1.2 Art as an af lens which although heavy, makes a stunning combination. Have a couple of M lenses, the 50mm Summilux ASPH and an old 90mm Elmarit. Tend to take the ZM 50mm Sonnar and ZM 25mm Biogon for travel purposes as a "light" alternative :). Taking a 50mm together with the Q2 covers my needs in this regard. I will be interested if anyone were to post pictures from the Panasonic 50mm in the future. In the meantime, this is the SL2s and Zeiss 50mm 1.5 Sonnar in Sicily.

View attachment 205206
That Sonnar on the SL2S seems to be a stellar combo.

I was thinking about adding the Panasonic 50 to my arsenal, but so far could not decide as the Summilux 50 ASPH is just so stunning and I do not really have a need for AF, as I am pretty quick with the MF of the M lens on the SL2S.

algrove

Created this image while at Ft. Benning, GAT1000429G.jpg. “The General’s Jeep while reviewing Fog of War Training Exercise”. What is needed-a rugged camera, a rugged Jeep and highly trained and rugged soldiers.