The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom Duplication issue

scho

Driving me crazy. Every time I import image files (both raw and jpeg) LR creates a duplicate with the same filename. I have to delete every other file during import. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Started happening after a recent update. This is Lightroom Classic.

pegelli

I think this will solve your problem: In the library go to "edit"- "preferences", then in the "General" tab uncheck the option "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos"

Then only the raw will be imported.

scho

I think this will solve your problem: In the library go to "edit"- "preferences", then in the "General" tab uncheck the option "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos"

Then only the raw will be imported.
Thanks Pieter, but apparently this is a bug. Many people have commented on the issue in this thread Adobe is aware of the problem, but so far no fix. Using a card reader and importing files into LR I get a duplicate of every file imported. Doesn't matter if it is raw or jpeg.

Carl

pegelli

Didn't know that Carl, I'm kind of immune for Adobe introducing new bugs since I'm still on LR version 6.14 (last perpetual license) which works fine for all the cameras I have. I'm postponing going to the subscription model as long as possible, don't think I'm missing out too much since I feel most of the improvements over that version are more incremental than substantial.

scho

I may have to revert back to an older version of classic because Adobe is not moving ahead on solving this problem.

scho

Partial solution. Turned on "do not import duplicates" option in the import dialog. Stops duplicates from importing, but they are still visible and greyed out.