The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M11 Images

drunkenspyder

Man on balcony below the St. Regis @ 363 E. Wacker. Chicago. This is a “for fun” image; I was not originally looking at the balcony much, but then this guy walked out. It’s a severe 4460 x 2973 crop from a 5252 x11127 15-image pano stitch shot handheld. This is an aspect of working with the Leica that I really enjoy. So easy to carry around, and while I would always prefer to plan and perform this shot with the Phase on a tripod if I had the chance, the quality of the sensor and the lenses makes this sort of thing much more "possible" than many other cameras.
Hammond_L1011498_Panorama Man Crop copy 1_Original 1.jpeg
M11 | Voigt 90mm APO-Skopar f/2.8 | f/8 | 1/320 | ISO 100

JohnBrew

Lloyd Chambers is sharing his M11 images on his blog. He seems to be a big fan (best M camera ever).
Is anyone still taking this guy seriously? Not disparaging M11 images, but Chambers is the leading fan boy for the "next greatest thing".

Last edited:

DaveS

M11 with new Steel Rim Summilux 35mm - gives a very soft and smooth image at F1.4. If you have bright light sources or high contrast transitions they get very glowy as well at F1.4.

Shot at F1.4 - last shot is cropped, all shot a minimum focus distance of 3 feet.

Enjoying it, but still trying to figure out best ways to use it.

Attachments

algrove

Observation
M11 images seem to be quite nice when underexposed 1-1.5 stops and then bring up any way you want in C1.
The colors are very rich all with exquisite detail. Here in the Lombardy the colors just pop.