The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

darr

EBONY RSW + NIKON NIKKOR 90/8 + CATLABS FILM X 80 II (colorized) / 510 PYRO (semi-stand)
--

I enjoy colorizing some of my B&W film images with a Wacom Pen and PS.
The CatLabs Film X 80 II film was tried on a whim because I could not find any user reviews.
The above film was shot at box speed (okay) plus another sheet at one stop more (in case of film damage, etc.).
Lots of green dye in the prewash of 2-two minute gentle agitation baths with a three-minute soak in between.
The location is Micanopy, FL, where it was 99℉ but beautiful.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Darr

Nokton48

47mm F8 F32 4x5 Norma HP5 by Nokton48, on Flickr

My widest LF lens, the chrome 47mm F8 Super Angulon in Compur shutter. Mounted on an original Sinar Norma Recessed Lensboard. Tim Kelly lighting, extreme close-up, lens less than a foot away from my test target. Three Broncolor Pulso C171 Monolights plus fill panel, HP5+ 4x5 (in Linhof Plate Holder) D:23 1;1 in 8x10 Unicolor Unidrum and Uniroller. 8x10 4X print Arista #2 RC Multigrade dev Omega DII laser aligned 180 black Rodagon Omegalite Diffusion Head

Nokton48

9x12cm J Lane Dry Plate Makiflex 210 Auto Heliar by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Automatic Makiflex 9x9cm SLR, 9x12cm J Lane Dry Plate developed 18 mins 20c in straight replenished gallon Acufine. Plaubel Makiflex Auto Iris 21cm Heliar. RADA Normalfaltz plate holder in Plaubel Makiflex Adapter. 8x10 Aristo RC #2 Omega DII black 180 Rodagon laser aligned. Iflord Multigrade dev

Abandoned Orchard Apple Tree HRU Maki 210 Heliar by Nokton48, on Flickr

In my neighborhood there are remnants of the apple orchard that stretched for a good distance many decades ago. At the back of my property is one of the original trees, now gone wild. Plaubel Makiflex Standard, 210mm Makiflex Auto Iris Heliar, Fuji XRAY HRU 4x5" cut from 8x10. Grafmatic Film Back, Sinar 103mm Glass Disc Yellow Green. 1/15 at F5.6 Legacy Mic-X 18 minutes at 60C. Aristo #2 8x10 Omega DII Omegalite Diffusion Head Multigrade dev

Nokton48

5x7 TLR Norma 360 Componon Peco Studio Stand by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is what I have decided to keep around for 5x7 and 13x18cm, and 4x5/9x12, TLR Sinar Norma. Shown with matched pair 360mm Schneider Componons. Sinar Norma Pan Tilt Head attached to Plaube Peco Studio Camera Stand. Lit by my Broncolor Octobox 150 with Supplemental Diffusion Front. Very soft light like a GIANT movable Window Lighting. 4x6 Foamcore Panel opposite side just off camera for passive fill. This camera I will be using for Fast Action LF Photogrpaphy and LF Portraiture. I have over 20 matched lens pairs to fit this camera, from 90mm to 520mm.
With Norma you can put the lens pairs exactly where they need to be. Additionally the front and back standards need to be aligned, I have learned how to do this. Interestingly I have seen Ebay auctions from Hollywood California Glamour Photographers selling off this very camera (several times) so it must have been well used for action head shots many, many times I imagine. This will be fun to use for fashion photography, too.

Nokton48

520mm 20 inch Apo Ronar Pair 4x5 HP5 D23 F32 one pop by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing my new 5x7/4x5 Sinar Norma Twin Lens Reflex with my longest matching lens pair set/ 520mm 20" F9 Rodenstock Apo Ronars. These are 45 degree Dialyte process type lenses offered by Sinar Norma in the day. F32 one pop YG Sinar Norma 103mm glass yelow green filter D23 1:1 Unicolor Unidrum and Uniroller. 4X 8x10 Aristo #2 RC print developed in Multigrade dev. Omega DII with Omegalite diffusion head. BTW I picked up my stand-in "model" and the plant base at the local IKEA store. :) The base is "Rubbermaid Studio". Seemed appropriate to me The canvas background was hand painted by Artist James Bright

520mm 20 inch Apo Ronar Pair XTRA long 5x7 new bellows 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Keith at Custom Bellows UK just made this 5x7 Extra Long Norma original bellows pair. I told him I wanted the original Norma pattern but 50% longer than the regular Norma 5x7 bellows.
The camera is focused on a target the size of a Norma lensboard. And of course the camera can be infinitely extended if need be. This camera produces the image ^^^

Last edited:

B L

520mm 20 inch Apo Ronar Pair 4x5 HP5 D23 F32 one pop by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing my new 5x7/4x5 Sinar Norma Twin Lens Reflex with my longest matching lens pair set/ 520mm 20" F9 Rodenstock Apo Ronars. These are 45 degree Dialyte process type lenses offered by Sinar Norma in the day. F32 one pop YG Sinar Norma 103mm glass yelow green filter D23 1:1 Unicolor Unidrum and Uniroller. 4X 8x10 Aristo #2 RC print developed in Multigrade dev. Omega DII with Omegalite diffusion head. BTW I picked up my stand-in "model" and the plant base at the local IKEA store. :) The base is "Rubbermaid Studio". Seemed appropriate to me The canvas background was hand painted by Artist James Bright

520mm 20 inch Apo Ronar Pair XTRA long 5x7 new bellows 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Keith at Custom Bellows UK just made this 5x7 Extra Long Norma original bellows pair. I told him I wanted the original Norma pattern but 50% longer than the regular Norma 5x7 bellows.
The camera is focused on a target the size of a Norma lensboard. And of course the camera can be infinitely extended if need be. This camera produces the image ^^^
Wow! Probably coolest of all cool cameras. Well done.

Nokton48

Flowers Back Porch J Lane Dry Plate Multigrade dev by Nokton48, on Flickr

9x12cm J Lane Dry Plate, loaded into a 9x12cm RADA Normalfaltz Single Plate Holder. Exposed in Plaubel Makiflex Automatic with a lens purchased from an Antique shop in the UK. An 8 inch F4 (?) approx brass projection lens of the Petzval variety. 1/4 sec exposure at wide open F4 (?) approx EI of 1, lightest cloud veiling direct key sun. Almost key light. No fill. Glass neg processed in Ilford Multigrade paper dev 10 mins at 20C. I also shot frames with modern film, Efke PL100 and FOMA 100. Will be interesting to see the differences. It does have a period look to it.........