The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic Enhanced DFD (eDFD) with Time of Flight (ToF)

iiiNelson

Title is a bit misleading (and perhaps has a little clickbait mixed in) but I wanted to start the thread because it’s related.

Time of Flight has been rumored to come to Panasonic cameras (based on internal white papers and testing) eventually in order to enhance the autofocus in continuous video modes where the cameras typically need the most help. I saw this external ToF module that’s coming for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K/6K next month. Judging from the performance (without regard for the lack of slow and smooth looking focus pulls) if Panasonic can get this type of performance (but internally) I think users would be very happy with it. I included a link to the demo footage from the module below.

https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/08/18/bmpcc-continuous-autofocus-with-cda-tek-afx-module/