The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

People Removal

scho

There are several ways to do this in post and perhaps even in-camera using AI technology, but InPaint is quick and easy to use. It took just a couple of minutes to remove more than 50 people from this image of the flowerpot rocks in Hopewell provincial park. Camera was a Sony RX1R.

AlanS

Hi Carl, looks interesting. Does it work on Tiff files as I can't see any mention of them on the site?

schuster

Thanks, scho, this is the first that I've heard of InPaint. I just downloaded it and will give it a try.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Important question: How does it compare to PS content-aware fill? I see two places with obvious artifacts, but many more in the InPaint version. Editing in Quick Mask Mode means just painting over the people with a brush.

Best,

Matt

P.S. I know that this irrelevant to the discussion, but I much prefer the picture with some or all of the people in it. The man in the lower center, definitely, a few around the rocks, and a few on the beach. There is some truth to the criticism of landscape photography "another tree, another rock".

Last edited:

TechTalk

...P.S. I know that this irrelevant to the discussion, but I much prefer the picture with some or all of the people in it. The man in the lower center, definitely, a few around the rocks, and a few on the beach. There is some truth to the criticism of landscape photography "another tree, another rock".
Thanks for saying what I've long thought with regard to landscape photographs and their lack of people. I admire the work of Stephen Shore. I can't imagine this image from Yosemite being remotely as enjoyable without the people in the foreground which creates a relatable human visual story, rather than "another tree, another rock".