The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Positive Feedback for Paul Spinnler even though I wasted his time

dawidloubser

Before I backed out of my sale and made myself look like a fool, I just want to give a shout out to Paul for being so supportive and informative. Despite being on a different continent, he went to great lengths above and beyond the call of duty for any seller to help me out, including lining up to procure items on my behalf from the factory, as well as agreeing to accept a non-standard payment method.

Paul - I'm so sorry I disappointed you, but you are an incredible asset to this forum and the industry in general, and a top, top seller.

Paul Spinnler

Dawid - this is all nice and well. But you don't renege on a deal before sending across funds after (ie after multiple days of discussing 1 Minute before midnight): a) brokering sth special with Alpa for you after you confirm the purchase on the phone, b) me cancelling a listing with multiple watchers on eBay, c) asking to accomodate payment in crypto currency and doing test transfers (for whatever reason) and me making an account to facilitate you, d) me rounding up quotes with courier services because you prefer this method, which makes me setup shipper accounts with these services and pull together a quote. You literally jump ship after the quote is ready and people have gone to work for you to make this happen after multiple days of discussing it.

The kit is almost half price vs. new and includes 1/3 new parts.

This never has happened to me. Even if you have a change of heart, at this stage, you buy it and deal with it because you've made people spent considerable time in preparing the order incl. ancillary product orders with Alpa. This is now time I won't get back.

As a result, I can only state you are not reliable to deal with and I cannot recommend anyone to engage in any way in a buy or sell transaction with you.

Last edited: