The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question about Cambo Actus

rajtalluri

Greetings, I was considering buying a Cambo Actus system for landscape photography. I have Sony Alpha 1 and a Leica M10P. I see that the Cmabo supports both these models. However am not sure I can use my Sony E mount lenses or my Leica M lenses. Appreciate the support

Shashin

Basically, you will need other lenses to use with those bodies. The Actus will create a gap so native lenses cannot be matched to any particular camera. Most people use medium-format lenses on the Actus, although you can also use large-format lenses. You will get more choice of focal length, particularly with short focal lengths, with medium-format lenses. Pentax give very affordable choices, but many medium-format lenses can be adapted. I would look at the type of landscapes you like and then figure out which brand will give you the best choice.

Shashin

BTW, you might want to ask this question in the medium-format section of this forum.

And welcome.

rajtalluri

Basically, you will need other lenses to use with those bodies. The Actus will create a gap so native lenses cannot be matched to any particular camera. Most people use medium-format lenses on the Actus, although you can also use large-format lenses. You will get more choice of focal length, particularly with short focal lengths, with medium-format lenses. Pentax give very affordable choices, but many medium-format lenses can be adapted. I would look at the type of landscapes you like and then figure out which brand will give you the best choice.
Thank you