The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting Film with Cambo WRS

Ben730

Is it possible to shoot film with a Cambo WRS, HR Digaron 32 + Centerfilter and a Hasselblad V film back ?
How will be the results?
Thanks,
Ben

anyone

If you use an old back with manual winding (12 back, not A12) it will be possible. But is the image circle large enough?

anyone

While it does have a winder, you cannot manually advance the frame with the A12. That's only possible with the '12' version.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
While it does have a winder, you cannot manually advance the frame with the A12. That's only possible with the '12' version.
The HR-DIGARON 32mm lens has an image circle of 90mm . It is designed for a max. Sensor of 40x54mm + some shift horizontal/vertikal .
The diagonal of the HB square image is ca. 80mm . This is within the image circle of 90mm . But with a HB film back you will have only very little movements . Actually none .

anyone

might still be fun to try as a point-and-shoot camera :) Even though it's hard to beat the SWC for this due to its tiny form factor and high quality lens.

jng

What @anyone said - you need the non “A” backs, which have a little window for you to see the frame number on the roll’s paper backing so you know when to stop advancing the film. That window is blocked off on the A backs. It would be cool to “shoot square” but don’t forget there’s also the 16 back which gives you a true 645 format.

How were you intending to focus if you went this way? Or would you just use hyperfocal focusing as one would on the Superwide C? I agree that the SWC’s 38mm Biogon is hard to beat (very sharp with essentialoy zero distortion, quite unlike the Rodie 32 HR) and such a tiny form factor!

John

Ben730

The preservation of historical monuments wants sometimes additionally to the digital files some black and white film for the archive.
I can't understand why but the customer is always right.
The plan is to change between the digital back and the film back.
For focusing and framing I have all the necessary ground glasses and loups. Normally hyperfocal focusing is perfect.
The 32 mm is a lot wider than the Biogon, but anyway I sold my SWC ten years ago.

Last edited: