The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Slide Show creation software?

gurtch

Not sure where I should post this. I have made several slide shows with music using Proshow Gold. They went out of business. Their software had a nice library of royalty free classical music. I want to update my slide show, but alas, I am having trouble with the software navigating where files are supposed to be, but the program says there are files missing. Not sure if the program became corrupted, or if I screwed up. I was afraid this would happen. Having made a dedicated place to file the completed slide show I was concerned where all the photos and music were stored. The photos were draggd and dropped into a dedicated place as the show was developed, and music downloaded from Proshow's library as I developed the show. I am willing to start from scratch all over again with new software, and make a new up to date slide show. Any recommendations? My show has music, fades, titles and dissolves, but nothing more complicated than that. It is about 30 minutes long. Background: I am an 84 year old amateur involved with serious photography since 1959 when I built my first darkroom. Here is a 4 minute bersion which will give you an idea what I need to do. Thanks all in advance
Dave Gurtcheff
Abbreviated show here:
Http://www.vimeo.com/428585063

Rand47

I use Lightroom Classic’s “Slide Show” module which can link-time images to music of your choice that lives on your computer. Once constructed / timed to your liking it can be exported as a movie file. LrC’s Slide Show has a few rudimentary controls that sound like they’d meet your needs; variable fade duration, background selection / color, etc., multiple music tracks possible, image display duration or ”timed to fit music” (which is my preference). Here’s an example that I made when my local camera club featured my work, created solely in Lightroom Classic:

Rand