The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Mamiya APO 300mm f2.8: SOLD

JoelM

The magnificent Mamiya 300 f2.8 APO lens in very minty condition. It comes with original hard case, front and rear Mamiya lens caps, and custom 3d printed "Mamiya" lens cap. This lens cap is not like the original included one that is leather. This is much more convenient like a regular friction lens cap. Comes complete and is likely the cleanest one you will ever find. Also available for purchase are Leica S adapter (Leica and 3rd party available) and a Novoflex adapter for Sony. $2500 net. I will take pics if there is interest. (also available is a 200mm APO f2.8 minty in box). I am 1joel1 on eBay and Fred Miranda for references. I can also refer to references here on Getdpi.

Last edited:

JoelM

Here's a good site with some information. They were $10k when new.

I just realized that that is my lens :D

Joel

JoelM

I tried it on my Sony a7riv and Leica S2 (CCD). It was excellent. This lens is very well corrected and 72dpi jpgs on the internet won't tell you anything. I can't imagine a "modern" lens being any better.
Joel

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I purchased @JoelM 's 200/2.8 APO and it is magnificent. The weather here has been gray and rainy all week, so I only have this to show it off (posted elsewhere). Hasselblad X2D, wide open, 1/250 sec, ISO 1600

And 200%. I focused a bit in front of the eyes, so they're not as sharp as the nose area. Like other great lenses of this vintage (e.g., Zeiss Superachromats), the detail is present, but not crunchy.

Anyway, it gives some idea of the glorious bokeh that these lenses produce, and it would be even more pronounced with the 300/2.8 (same DoF, but larger OOF disks away form the plane of focus).

Matt