The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Solved: A lens that will AF on the X1D but won't on the X2D

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have 5 lenses that should autofocus on the X2D - three XCD and 2 HC. All of them AF on my X1D-50c. But on the X2D, only four of them AF. The XCD 45/3.5 gets a "Lens supports MF only" error every time I try to engage AF. Otherwise, it works fine. But that's a big "otherwise".

Anyone seen something like this before? The lens has firmware 0.5.2. I have no idea if that is current or how to update it if it isn't.

Thanks for any advice,

Matt

Oh.. Found out how to upgrade the firmware. This might solve it. Yep, it did.

Never mind.

Last edited:

Arjuna

There is firmware 0.6.0 for the lens. My copy is dated October 29, 2020. It is somewhat difficult to find on the Hasselblad website. It doesn't seem to show under firmware, but rather under 'My Hasselblad', then Downloads. It has been a while, but I think that you put the downloaded file (~.cim) onto an SD card, and then there is a menu item on the camera to perform the upgrade: General Settings/Service/Check for Update : Page 138 in the User Guide for the X1D.