The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7rIV on Arca Swiss M2?

pigtango

Has anyone tried this combo yet? I know the previous versions of the Sony A7R worked, but the A7r IV has a deeper grip and I wonder if it will severely restrict movements when the standards are close together.

I have the M2, just looking at options for the sensor body. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!

Alan

I'm using a Z7 on mine, and with Nikon lenses on a 7mm recessed board, there's 1-2mm clear between the grip and the front standard. Canon lens' shorter flange distance might be too short to clear. Any MF SLR lens would be no problem.

Alkibiades

Has anyone tried this combo yet? I know the previous versions of the Sony A7R worked, but the A7r IV has a deeper grip and I wonder if it will severely restrict movements when the standards are close together.

I have the M2, just looking at options for the sensor body. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!
No. IV version works also fine, no restrictions.

Aviv1887

I'm surprised that an M2 does give no restrictions on movement. I have the Universalis and you can't use A7RIV with this setup. So with the M2 with the Sony A7RIV does not impede any movement? If so, I need to write Rod Klukas.

stevev

If you are concerned about the grip, and don’t have A7R4 yet, consider the Sigma fp L. Same sensor, but has an AA filter and is limited to electronic shutter only. I am considering it for my Cambo Actus, where the bellows interferes with my grips (Z7, S1R) when using the Nikkor 19mm PC-E or Rodenstock 55mm APO Sironar Digital.

The fp L has no grip at all.

Aviv1887

My problem was the other way around. I upgraded to the IV and found out the hard way that my As Universalis became unusable. Thia is why im so curious if that body does work with M2. Does anybody know?

DirkR

The A7Riv did not fit my universalis either. Not because of the grip but the viewfinder exdends further than the lensmount and so the adapterplate cannot be mounted. I keep using my A7RIII. I tried the A1 and I can tell, it also fits the universalis and you can use the same movement as with the A7RIII.