The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Techart GFX-EF Adapter Image Stabilizer of GFX100s - Problems.

eisbaer

About 3 weeks ago I got my new GFX100s and today tested it with my Techart pro Adapter and some Sigma Art Lenses(28 and 50). I have the problem that if the in Camera IS of the GFX 100s is switched on the Image shakes randomly in the viewfinder. If I switch IS of everything is fine. I read that the Adapter works with the IS of Canon Lenses but it seems there is a problem with the in Camera IS.... I googled it but found not really helpful stuff. I hope somebody has the same experience maybe with an GFX100 or a solution for it.. (Switch in Camera IS of is mine at the moment...) But I love the Sigma 28mm Art on the GFX ... almost no vignetting and f 1.4
🙂
this + IS would be the perfect dream wide angle lens..
Thanks
Frank

vieri

Hello Frank,

this is tangentially relevant, but I'll say it anyway - about Techart, in my Hasselblad days, I found that basically the company doesn't ever listen or answer if you try to contact them, and pretty much never updates their adapters' FW (or, if they do, they do so very very rarely). As well, besides a couple of articles online written by third-party photographers, there is almost no support at all - even finding the FW updater seemed like a treasure hunt to me :D

All this to say that I wouldn't keep my hopes up on a FW update or something like that, if I were you :)

Best regards,

Vieri

chrismuc

My steelsring EF-GF adapter with rather latest FW works extremely well (AF speed, accuracy, IS) with various Canon and Sigma Art lenses on my GFX100.

Gerd

I can confirm the problem. I bought the Techart adapter at the time of the GFX 50s, when I bought the GFX100 then suddenly the IBIS in connection with the Techart adapter made problems.
I ordered the Kipon adapter and it immediately worked without error in conjunction with IBIS and all my TS-E lenses.

Unfortunately, I can not give any information about the AF properties, since I do not use Canon AF lenses.

Greetings Gerd