The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two Laowa T/S lens coming soon in the Fuji GFX mount

P. Chong

Looks quite interesting. Any idea about pricing?

Edit to add: oh found on the Fujirumors site that the 100 is JPY 500k, about USD3.5k. not much cheaper than the GF110 t/s.

Last edited:

marc aurel

Generally a good thing that third party manufacturers start making tilt shift lenses for the GFX system.

But the focal length, weight and price point make me scratch my head. Laowa chose focal legths that are well covered. 100mm is close to the outstanding Fuji 110mm TS (and close to the also excellent Canon TS-E 90mm L which covers the GFX with full shift too, and it is lighter). And 55m is quite close to Canons excellent TS-E 50mm which covers the GFX sensor too. One point for Laowas newly announced lenses is that they offer 1:1 macro versus 1:2 with the Fuji. But shift is limited to 12mm versus 15mm with the Fujis.

Why didn't they make a focal length that is actually missing in the GFX lineup yet? For example a lens in the 40 to 45mm range?

Alkibiades

55 Shift Lens Wolf be nice but i dont Think it can be better than the Canon, 15 mm movements would be a advantage…

P. Chong

Good point Matt makes on having Fuji do the research. If I were Venus Optics, I would have gone a step further…and copy more. Maybe a 28 as well. When I tried the GF T/S lenses, I found the 30 and 110 to be well chosen focal lengths. Very useful. Except the 1/2x magnification at close focus, I need an extension tube to get closer to 1X. So the Laowa 100 being capable of 1X is an advantage for my use case.

Other than the lower shift compared to the GF, I think the Laowa at f/2.8 wide open is nice. Offers a bit more flexibility, though not really useful for macro or architectural work.

Last edited:

rdeloe

Dear Laowa: Please make a really high quality 28mm tilt-shift lens so that I can remove the front from your tilt-shift mechanism and attach the remaining bits to an Arca-Swiss lens board. I won't grumble if it's f/5.6, as long as it's really good at f/5.6 and excellent at f/8. Seeing that I'll be ripping it apart anyway, a shift-only lens will be fine. ;)