The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Well exposed in camera / underexposed after

Rawfa

Hi guys,

I´ve recently sold my A6500 and got an A7C. So far I love the camera, but I have a major complaint that I´m sure MUST have an easy fix. Whenever I´m taking a picture or recording a video, the image looks properly exposed on the LCD (0.0 or sometimes +0.3) but then I copy the files to my computer and everything is underexposed! I´ve changed some settings that I thought could fix this but no go (I set both the LCD and the Viewfinder brightness to MANUAL at +0 and the Display Quality is set to Standard). Also, this is not computer related, as I´ve tried the same files on different computers. I could use histogram, but I WANT the camera´s LCD and viewfinder to display exactly what the final result will be as I´m shooting. I´ve been using mirrorless Sony cameras since the NEX5 and I never had this issue before. This particularly problematic when I shoot S-LOG and have to overexpose by 2 stops.

Last edited: