The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-T3 video question.

rayyan

just getting into video. ( got to keep myself busy ).
ss set to 2x frame rate.

i cant change any other dials ( aperture or iso ) to control exposure.
there is an icon next to the movie mode icon on the lcd showinf 'auto', all the time.

is this normal?
can one not be able to control exposure prior to starting recording, at least?

or am i doing something dumb? ( not unknown ) ?

Thanks guys for any help.

Thorkil

sorry can't help you, Rayyan. Sold my X-T3, still got my X-T2 and X-E3 though. But I'm not doing videos. And with too much gear, there will be enough time to occupie me the rest of my life in it, I guess, just in making some simpel photographs :)

rayyan

hi Thorkil.
just trying to learn something new. specially since Ayesha is in canada. too far n too cold for me!
me too, too much gear. not enough time to enjoy all.
fuji is light, feels good in the hand, simple to use...i hate pages of menus though.

thanks for reaching out.
best wishes to you and family

Thorkil

Hi Rayyan...thanks, and same wishes to you Ayesha and yours, and best video-mood-wishes
KR Thorkil

med

If you go into the menu movie section, at the bottom, what is "Movie Silent Control" set to?

For mine, I have "Movie Silent Control" set to "On", which gives me a little movie camera logo with "Set" below it on the right side of the touchscreen while in Video mode. If I touch it, I can change SS, aperture, ISO, audio levels, WB, etc.

If the Movie Silent Control is off, then the body dials all work as they do in photo mode. I like it on so it keeps the settings all separate if I am switching back and forth between stills and video.

rayyan

Hi folks.
My issues with Fujifilm X cameras, SD cards and Mac continues.
As I only carry a iPad Pro when I go out, the issue has me stumped!!

The problem is articulated in a long winded way in the following clip...
fuji-mac issue.

The obvious solutions to me appear to be..
Stop using the Fuji X 😭😭
purchase a different OS tablet 😭😭

any suggestions?
Regards.