The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

B L

dave.gt

Well, after 12 weeks, I am physically doing better. The bad news is everything else is very bad.

Somehow, I did keep my M2 in my Billingham bag with me and managed to complete a roll. It has taken me 8 weeks to develop the film and process the images of this one roll.

Nothing great, just part of my rehabilitation.

Leica M2, 50/1.4, Acros II, DD-X:
TR4 Racer at Car Show 4 Dillard by Leica M2 2023.jpeg

Triumph Spitfire Racer at Car Show Dillard by Leica M2 2023.jpeg

Triumph Car Show Dillard by Leica M2 2023.jpeg

Our Triumph club held a National VTR car show in the Blue Ridge Mountains at the end of September. Hundreds of friendly people and beautifully restored/maintained cars were there and many participants stayed for the entire for 5-6 day event.

It was good therapy for me. Life however has been going downhill since. The holidays are torture. Perhaps it is time for a change and I should point the M2 in a different direction.🤨

A few of many banal images from my daily walks in our neighborhood…

Park Sunrise Beneath the Trees 1 by Leica M2 September 2023.jpeg

Empty Swings at Sunrise by Leica M2 2023.jpeg

10F7588A-27DF-4DEE-9B57-9661E84D7594.jpeg

Godfrey

Pegelli,
That foggy afternoon looks a lot like my foggy morning here right now! Wish I could go out shooting ... sigh.

(I'm still recovering from my injuries. I can barely pick the camera up right now. It's a pain.)

G

pegelli

(I'm still recovering from my injuries. I can barely pick the camera up right now. It's a pain.)
I hope you get well enough soon to pick up your lightest camera and go out and take photos. I think that will speed up your healing process to switch to heavier stuff in due course.

Godfrey

Thanks!

I've had two different constraints ... My legs were badly bashed (and a huge gash in the right one), and my right shoulder was broken so it's been in a sling since 14 OCT. :(

The legs are slowly healing, to the point now where I can walk without a cane and get up and down without too much difficulty. I can walk a short ways again finally, but with care and I tire quickly. The shoulder ... On Friday, I will have a complete reverse-shoulder replacement procedure. That will likely mean being in the sling full time for another two weeks or so, but after that I'll have PT/OT and will be able to get out of the sling more and more as I develop strength and coordination with it once more.

Needless to say, this has been a very dark time. It is with the support and love of family and friends all over that I'm coming through it with some humor. Thank you all for your thoughts and good wishes in advance. :D

G

dave.gt

Thanks!

I've had two different constraints ... My legs were badly bashed (and a huge gash in the right one), and my right shoulder was broken so it's been in a sling since 14 OCT. :(

The legs are slowly healing, to the point now where I can walk without a cane and get up and down without too much difficulty. I can walk a short ways again finally, but with care and I tire quickly. The shoulder ... On Friday, I will have a complete reverse-shoulder replacement procedure. That will likely mean being in the sling full time for another two weeks or so, but after that I'll have PT/OT and will be able to get out of the sling more and more as I develop strength and coordination with it once more.

Needless to say, this has been a very dark time. It is with the support and love of family and friends all over that I'm coming through it with some humor. Thank you all for your thoughts and good wishes in advance. :D

G
Good grief, what kind of accident did you have Godfrey? Sounds awful!😮

Wishing you all the best and a speedier recovery!

ggibson

Graham,
You make wonderful photographs, always. But the portraits of your kids are truly exceptional, transcendent ... They're really really great! It's beautiful to see them grow up through your camera eye. :D

thank you!
G
Thank you for the kind words, Godfrey! Sorry to hear about your accident--hope you can start getting out and taking pictures again soon!