The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M10Monochrom fade out - M11Mono just around the corner?

algrove

Well, I got my M11 overnite on 15 January of this year in the last quarter of the then fiscal year and it seems early next year seems very soon for an M11M release based on past Monochrom releases, but it might happen in early 2023 Fiscal year end or not.

Paul Spinnler

After end of March so they can put the release after fiscal year end; M11M and the next Q will be flagship releases next year, SL3 not yet ready I understand as isn't the S4 and expect it pre-Summer which could be anytime between April-June, with real availability post Summer. So could well be if you order it when it is released that you'll get it in Sept / Oct / Nov as nobody works in July / August and you have to be top spending customer or have luck to catch an M11M right after release ...

So buying an M10M right now is not dumb, we are a bit past the 2/3rds of the cycle, but if you think that way anyway you can never buy any new camera, I suppose ... it is still a while off ...

algrove

However, if they announce the M11M in the last quarter of this FY, then pent up back order log has some meat for the financials where they would have minimal inventory until April rolls around if then at all with many outstanding orders to fill into the new FY.

Paul Spinnler

My bet is on April or May for the announcement, with broad availability Oct / Nov, let's see! Could be also early in the year, this is what I heard and it makes sense to me to announce right after FY end, but they could also choose the approach you suggested and drum up demand earlier than that.

Leica has a history of being rather on the slower side though; S3 came super late compared to the initial plans and M11 was postponed during pandemic - I think they mentioned this in the M11 release video.