The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

I like the shapes in that b&w, but the contrast is a bit much, or not enough if you're going for a more abstractive silhouette-type image. I'd suggest bring up the shadows a hair so the details are more apparent. :)

ggibson

I like the shapes in that b&w, but the contrast is a bit much, or not enough if you're going for a more abstractive silhouette-type image. I'd suggest bring up the shadows a hair so the details are more apparent. :)
I agree, there was probably some more adjustment in post I could make here. It's kind of a nothing shot in the end though. Just a snap of the scenery.

I have a better one later on in the roll from when we were walking back, but that one also feels a bit uninspired:

Tahquitz Canyon Boulders by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

This was at lunchtime so the lighting was very harsh, not exactly the best for landscapes.

I mostly took images of the family, and this next shot is my favorite from the roll:

Flower Girl by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Nokton48

13.5cm F4.2 Restored Plaubel Anticolar 100 years Olde by Nokton48, on Flickr

My eyes widened when I saw this 100 year olde 13.5cm F4.2 Anticomar lens (shutter huffed) on Ebay. I made an offer and it was accepted. Then took it to Mac at Camtronics who did an expert CLA on it. We both think it is 1930's era so 100 years olde, prolly off an olde 9x12cm Plaubel Folder. Cut and flocked a 3D printed Peco Junior board from Italy, painted the lens back with Flat Black Krylon with brush, it was really UGLY. Luscious to look through, but slightly hazy, as are all my Orthometars. Kind of like that Orthometar "look" kinda retro. Anyways a good example of how I restore something others might disgard. I see 100 examples of F2.9 Orthometar, to one F4.2 Orthometar. The "sharp" lens for commercial, reportage, and travel according to Plaubel. Works like new on my long rail Peco Junior. Finally I found a dark yellow glass disc in my filter box, and cut a strip of Hollywood Gaffer Tape, to attach it to the new F4.2 "Sharp" lens.

Recently I bought an original more modern 150mm F4.2, nice to have something just slightly wider if much older :)

Godfrey

I agree, there was probably some more adjustment in post I could make here. It's kind of a nothing shot in the end though. Just a snap of the scenery.

I have a better one later on in the roll from when we were walking back, but that one also feels a bit uninspired:

Tahquitz Canyon Boulders
by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

This was at lunchtime so the lighting was very harsh, not exactly the best for landscapes.

I mostly took images of the family, and this next shot is my favorite from the roll:

Flower Girl
by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
The reworked rocks look much better, and of course you have a gift for making wonderful photos of the kiddies. :D

G

Nokton48

J Lane Dry Plate Maki Brass Petzval 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

• 9x12cm J Lane Dry Plate Test exposed EI 1 dev straight Legacy Mic-X 18 minutes at 60F. Plaubel Makiflex 6 inch Brass Projection Petzval about F4. Arista 8x10 RC Matte #2 dev Multigrade. Omega DII with Omegalite Diffusion Head. RADA 9x12cm Normalfaltz Plate Holder with Makiflex Attachment. I focused on the petals in the center, focus falloff front and behind due to paper thin depth of field. There was a metal stop inside this lens that was smoked by candle soot I believe. I removed the stop to increase the Petzval swirlies and increase the speed wide open to somewhere near F3.5 . Notice the "flow marks" where the emulsion was poured onto the glass plate

Last edited:

Nokton48

My Makiflex Cameras by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here are my four Makiflexes (three Autos and a Standard) ready for use. This morning I was out photographing a new flower arrangement on my back deck. I used the 21cm f4.5 Makiflex Auto iris Heliar, that the rig on the far left. Bokeh at F16 with the Heliar is magnificent. I shot four 9x12cm HP5+ sheets in Voigtlander plate holders. I really like this new camera. It's like an old friend, as comfortable as an old pair of favorite shoes :) I have quite a lot of new exposed film to develop as I have time.

Last edited:

4season

Since it became easier to legally drive them on public streets, 20+ year old JDM vehicles have become a more common sight in the USA. As in Japan, fuel prices in Hawaii are high, space is at a premium, and average speed of traffic isn't very high, so this late 1990s Honda Street van ought to be a great fit.

Olympus XA, Lomo 100 CN film.
202304 Hawaii.jpg