The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Nokton48

Plaubel Peco Jr 58mm F5.6 Graflex XL Grandagon PanF D23 Makina 120 Roll Back by Nokton48, on Flickr

Sawed-Off Plaubel Peco Jr 6x9cm View Camera, 58mm f5.6 Graflex XL Grandagon at F16. PanF+ developed in JOBO Uniroller D23 1:1. Omega DII laser aligned 150mm F5.6 Black Rodagon 5x7 Arista RC #2 Dektol 1:2. Liked how the snow covered the table top, focused on the central wheel. The Makina 120 6x9cm Film Back fits the Peco Jr, Makiflexes, and Makinas. So the backs move around on the cameras. I used the Peco Jr Magnifying Hood with swivel and Magnifying Lens, I can shift top and bottom, or left and right, and brightly examine the images. Well enough to see the sharpness on the screen.

Nokton48

58 Grandagon Graflex XL Peco Jr Short Rail by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is the setup I used for the above ^^ photo. I can carry this around no problemo with a smaller tripod and a soft bag. I used to use tis lens for 4x5 Interior Photos, if focused hyperfocally, it will -almost- cover the corners of 4x5. Now I also shoot 9x12cm and it will cover that too. But I have some new uses on the 6.5x9cm Plaubel Peco Junior. Here it is focused at infinity; the front and rear standards are touching each other. :)

Last edited:

Nokton48

Auto Maki no 2 150 2.8 Xenotar HRU 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Automatic Makiflex #2 150mm F2.8 Xenotar wide-open 1/15 Fuji 8x10 XRay HRU cut down to 4x5 in Graphmatic back StarD tripod. Development 12 minutes 60F straight Mic-X replenished by inspection of shadow values by deep red safelight. 8x10 Arista #2 RC Omega DII 180 Rodagon f22 35 seconds Omegalite diffusion head Multigrade developer

Nokton48

Makiflex 4x5 Shanghai Octobox 150 F16 D23 by Nokton48, on Flickr

9x9cm image 9x12cm film Plaubel Makiflex F16. Shanghai 100 film with YG filter D23 1:1 Unidrum Uniroller Omega DII laser aligned 150mm black Rodagon at F16 Arista RC #2 8x10 Dektol 1:2 Testing the new to me Broncolor Octobox 150, beautiful light like movable window lighting. Supplemental Octobox 150 Diffuser added. Notice the attractive catchlight in the glass vase.

pegelli

@Nokton48 , I'm enjoying most of your medium format results as well as the cameras and other techniques used. Very insightful! I'm a strict 35 mm photographer but love reading about all these larger cameras and films and how they are used.

One suggestion (if you allow me), if you would post them in this forum: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index....-format-film-images.67293/page-62#post-889135 you might get more reactions and response on all your good work.

Nokton48

C22 No 2 135mm New Leitz Tiltall Hacked Leitz Ball Head by Nokton48, on Flickr

Mamiya C22 Body #2 with 135mm Blue Dot Yellow Filters Paramender. Mounted on new to me Leitz Tiltall heavily modified. Regular column replaced with modern black one with Leitz Ball Head neatly permanently attached. This new Ball Head (same as on my Leitz Tabletop Tripod) works great on the original Tiltall and a Japanese Quick Mount, which also works great with the Paramender. This weighs little enough that I can carry it around with one hand without straining. And it is rock solid Leica Quality. Broncolor Octobox 150 left, 4x6 foamcore right. Sony Nex-7 with Zeiss Touit Makro Planar 2.8/50. Painted background by David Maheu "Tiim Kelly Gold Plaster".

Nokton48

The Reporters Camera IIIR F4.2 283 Tripod Attachment by Nokton48, on Flickr

I want to use this as a "Reporter's Camera" as would be done in the day. Adding the Makina Tripod Adapter, gives tremendous stability to the camera, and it lines up perfectly with the Stroboframe Bracket I use for portable flash photography. The thyristor in the 283 makes for auto flash photography with the IIIR. It's a tough brute of a camera, suitable definitely for Press Use, simply by adding the Tripod Adapter.

Nokton48

80cm Rokkor Cowboy Studios Gimbal Modded Leitz Tripod by Nokton48, on Flickr

80cm F8 Rokkor, Chrome SRT-100/Kangaroo Green, Cowboy Studios Gimbal Head, Modded Leitz Tiltall Tripod. Should be steady enough considering mirror lockup being utilized, and an SRT Cable Release as well. This lens will be coming up in my 800mm shoot-out. The 400mm Rokkor-X MD F5.6, with Matched 2X Converter, makes an F/11 aperture. This lens was a speed demon at F8 80cm :) One Stop Faster. The SRT only goes to 1/500 and no MLU. Will switch bodies.

80cm 800mm Apo Rokkor Shoot Out by Nokton48, on Flickr

I have a particular telescopic shot in mind, it's early morning light. These two MLU SRT-101's are both loaded with some of my last ERA100. I am finally shooting up the end of it. MLU SRT Cable Releases, Manfrotto tripod should hold these OK. I've shot a few tests with these lenses, I'm going to shoot a side-by-side comparison. They are both good and completely different, so we will see. This is all original SRT vintage (only) equipment. Minolta SRT Diopters and SRT Rubber Eyecups on both. I'll shoot with Minolta Yellow Filters on both of these. Bracketing as much film as needed. Should be a fun shoot.

Nokton48

8x10 Sinar Norma Julius Shulman Titlall Setup 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here is the 8x10 Sinar Norma Julius Shulman inspired Leitz Tiltall Tripod. Believe it or not solid as a rock and WOW portable. Love it and I think I will buy another old old Leitz Tiltall to dedicate for this camera and quick location jobs. I do have other half of the block of aluminum which I can utilize. The Norma Tripod Clamp is locked onto the tripod and simply unscrew to mount and remount different cameras. I will prolly add a little loctite maybe

pegelli

I'm scanning some old slides from our bicycle trip through Poland in 1978

A tram in Bydgoszcz

Steam train in Ruciane Nida

Departure

All Leica IIIf, Agfachrome CT18 or CT21, first two with Elmar 50/3.5, third with Elmar 90/4

dave.gt

Cold weather here. I’m not sure I want to venture out but I am wondering…our downtown square is completely decorated to the max with lights and evening activity at least for a few hours after dark.

Has anyone actually used black and white film to shoot Christmas decorations around town?

I’m thinking movie theater, restaurants, Christmas lights around every tree, and of course, people.

dave

pegelli

I've never shot Christmas decorations on B&W film, but I have used HP5+ (pushed to iso 1600) as well as Delta 3200 in low light/indoor conditions and the results worked quite well. Much more "moody" than a digital capture at similar iso's converted to B&W under the same conditions. If you can stand the cold it might indeed be worthwhile to do something like that and see what you can get

Nokton48

Darkroom Print 3 Hot Rodded Pentacon Six by Nokton48, on Flickr

Back in the day this was the hottest Pentacon Six to be found anywhere. I sent a pair of these bodies to Pentacon in Dresden and they upgraded them to full Exakta 66 MK2 mode. The body was then covered with "Rollei SL66 Anniversary Diamond Rubber" which I procured from the Rollei factory. The Strap Lug Attachment was made for the EX66. Photograph made in my studio by direct flash. Hasselblad 100mm F3.5 Planar, 70mm Kodak Surveillance Film, processed in ADOX Borax MQ.
Silver B&W print on RC paper