The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

pegelli

In december I shot a roll of Ilford XP2 Super, iso 400 that needs to be developed in C41. I don't want to do that at home so brought it to a photo shop for development and I think they screwed up. Probably the C41 soup was quite old and the negatives came out very low contrast and the film back is slightly greenish and darker than normal. So scanning to something useful took a few extra tries. Second problem was an enormous amount of dust dried into the emulsion which was very hard to remove and too much to "spot" all. So this is the last time I use this kind of film and will now only use stock I can develop myself. There was an order of magnitude more dust on this film versus old negatives that I have stored for 50 years, absolutely dreadful but there's very little you can claim back after such an incident, hardly worth getting a new film if I don't want to use this kind anymore.

Here's a first series, more might follow, but to make them slightly presentable takes a lot of time cloning and healing away all the dust spots.

Geese

Derelict (and dangerous) arrow bridge

Meadow entrance

Remains of a Venus temple

All Minolta Dynax 7 + Minolta 35/2

B L

In december I shot a roll of Ilford XP2 Super, iso 400 that needs to be developed in C41. I don't want to do that at home so brought it to a photo shop for development and I think they screwed up. Probably the C41 soup was quite old and the negatives came out very low contrast and the film back is slightly greenish and darker than normal. So scanning to something useful took a few extra tries. Second problem was an enormous amount of dust dried into the emulsion which was very hard to remove and too much to "spot" all. So this is the last time I use this kind of film and will now only use stock I can develop myself. There was an order of magnitude more dust on this film versus old negatives that I have stored for 50 years, absolutely dreadful but there's very little you can claim back after such an incident, hardly worth getting a new film if I don't want to use this kind anymore.

Here's a first series, more might follow, but to make them slightly presentable takes a lot of time cloning and healing away all the dust spots.

Geese

Derelict (and dangerous) arrow bridge

Meadow entrance

Remains of a Venus temple

All Minolta Dynax 7 + Minolta 35/2
i dont see anything gone wrong here. If your scanning sofware has built-in dust remover(some of them dont work with b&white), you can try scanning as colour neg to fool the software!

Nokton48

Short and Long Peco Juniors 150 F9 and 58mm F5.6 by Nokton48, on Flickr

My Short and Long Plaubel Peco Juniors. On the left, the 150mm F9 Rodenstock Apo-Ronar, a GEM of a lens, a favorite. On the right, another favorite, a 58mm F5.6 Rodenstock Grandagon in Graflex XL Mount, I refitted it to a Peco Junior Board. Both of these are original lenses, pretty much as they were in the catalogs of the day. Ready to take out when it's warm around here. Both lenses have medium filters, and proper hoods as well, ready to shoot! Camera on left takes Graflex Wind Knobs Backs (kinda modern). Camera on right has a swiveling viewfinder which I love, takes 6x6cm and 6.5x9cm Plaubel Makina Backs, as well as Plaubel Glass Plate Holders and Planfilms of all kinds.

Nokton48

Sinar Norma Handy w TTL Sinarsix metering by Nokton48, on Flickr

I have found another use for my Sinarsixes! :)

This is my homemade Sinar Norma Handy 4x5 camera, with 65mm f8 Super Angulon. Reading TTL with the Sinarsix through the camera, at EI 250 HP5+ I am reading EV9 which equates to 1/125 at F8 on a heavy overcast day. This in my experience is a believable light reading. And on bright days it will read through the center filter and I can read all four corners TTL