The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Q2 prices on ebay

peterb

Could someone tell me why prices for a new Q2 on Ebay are not only higher than they are now they're higher than the proposed price increases announced by Leica?

I mean caveat emptor and all that but seriously do people who are considering a Q2 pony up $6100 say for a camera they can get now -- from any authorized dealer -- for $4995 and later $5495 after April 1?

It's not like there's no inventory to warrant a price well over msrp when the model first came out and prices for the few available were scalped if you wanted one. Or am I missing something here?

Thx

Last edited:

Paul2660

Possibly because the Q2 is out of stock in most places, including Leica stores. At least in the US. It's been on back order for months at Adorama and B&H.

Paul C

tcdeveau

Yeah that’s the thing. The price is 4995 now but that doesn’t mean you can actually get it now. Unless you find it in stock at your authorized dealer, someone placing an order today may be waiting weeks or months for it...it’s backordered in the US at least at BH, Adorama, Camera West, Pop Flash....

It’s not uncommon for sellers (sometimes foreign camera shops) to scalp on eBay with hard to find gear to prey on the impatient. Heck I even saw some GFX100S’s on ebay recently for 6995 when they retail at 5995.

I just looked at eBay US for the Q2and it looks like some of those shops are out of Hong Kong, and it’s also not uncommon to see new stuff from HK-based sellers on eBay priced higher than the US MSRP.

It’s the same game you see in other retail sectors, take watches for example (stainless steel Rolex esp, although your chances of getting a Q2 at retail are much better than a ceramic Daytona or submariner :) )

Last edited: