The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Ed Hurst

08.x speed boosting adaptor - views or experiences?

Been looking at this product and wondering how it would perform with a wide angle lens - for example, using the Pentax 645 35mm A or DFA lens, to give a 28mm f2 (or thereabouts) on a GFX... Anyone got any views or experiences of the optical performance of such a combo? Baveyes PENTAX645-GFX...
  2. Ed Hurst

Laowa 20mm f/4 Zero-D Shift (for GFX)

Hello all, During a recent thread, there was some discussion of this lens and its likely performance on a GFX100S. Does anyone have any experience of this, especially fully shifted? Perhaps even shifting more than the 8mm recommended for use on GFX? I'm really looking for...
  3. Ed Hurst

Top Work from 2022

Hello all, This is a new idea for a thread and, of course, I hope if it's not too repetitive of the 'Fun with MF images 2022' thread that we all know and love.... Around the start of a new year, I thought we could all reflect on our best/favourite shots of the previous year and share them as a...
  4. Ed Hurst

Fuji GF20-35mmF4 R WR lens

I just received this link, announcing the launch of this much discussed lens. Don't see any indication of price yet...
  5. Ed Hurst

Contax/Yashica 50mm Planar f1.7 - usable on GFX?

Hello all, I have this lens, previously used on full frame Canons. Adaptors are available to mount it on my GFX100S. But how well would it work? Much vignetting? Overall quality (certainly excellent on full frame)? Any advice gratefully received :)
  6. Ed Hurst

Some recent GFX100S images

As someone who has recently migrated to this camera from a 645Z, I thought I'd post some images. These are all made with Pentax lenses and relevant Fotodiox adaptors (I have one that allows the aperture to be shifted on the latest 645 lenses that don't have an aperture ring, a dumb one for 645...
  7. Ed Hurst

Is there going to be a "Fun with MF images 2022" thread?

Just a quick question... At present, 2022 images are being posted in the 2021 thread but I think the idea was to have one for each year...? Many thanks as ever for this wonderful site! Ed
  8. Ed Hurst

GFX100S files - experience of RAW conversion for star trail images

I am really unsure what the policy is here about cross-posting. As a recent buyer of a GFX100S, but an experienced poster on the Medium Format forum, I put this in the latter forum. But then realised it might be of real interest to some here. Apologies if this isn't within the rules and...
  9. Ed Hurst

Sharing experience with GFX100S files

I am beginning to get some reasonable experience under my belt with the new toy and the files are, in many ways, mightily impressive. As you may know, one of my main use cases is star trail photography in which a very large number of files are stacked. I've noticed something interesting...
  10. Ed Hurst

Is anyone else using the Fotodiox lens adaptor that provides aperture stops?

Hello all, I recently obtained a Fuji GFX100S which I am using (for now) exclusively with my Pentax glass (both 645 and 67). Where those lenses have physical aperture rings, there's no issue whatever in seeing the f/stop being used. But several of my favourite lenses are newer 645 DA/DFA...
  11. Ed Hurst

Fastest 256gb SD cards for GFX100S

Hello all, I hesitated before posting this message in the MF forum, as it's really about SD cards - but, well, the specific requirements I have are related to the performance of the GFX100S in particular, so in the end it felt reasonable. My apologies to all if this is in the wrong place...
  12. Ed Hurst

Tilt shift options for GFX100S

Hello all, I am looking closely at the tilt/shift options available for use with a Fuji GFX100S, specifically adapted lenses (rather than attaching the body to a technical/view camera). I see Nikon and Canon offer such lenses but don't know if they can be successfully used with an adaptor...
  13. Ed Hurst

Pic included in Royal Observatory / BBC astro photography awards

Hello all, I hope this is allowed and also that it isn't too obnoxious of me to post it. But I want to share the joy with my medium format friends... I have been lucky enough to be shortlisted in the Royal Observatory Greenwich 'Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2021' (run in conjunction...
  14. Ed Hurst

Fuji 100MP sensor

I posed this question a while ago, when they were first launching a 100MP camera but it was probably too early then for anyone to have hard evidence/experience to answer it fully. With another thread suggesting a low-ish price for their new 100MP model, thought it might be a good moment to pose...
  15. Ed Hurst

Is there a way to use PS Layer Blending when using PS to compile a time lapse video?

Hello there, I have recently started creating time lapse videos of my star trail images (which are usually made up of thousands of files). What I would ideally like to do is to use those thousands of images to produce a single time lapse video, with the files progressively being added to the...
  16. Ed Hurst

Talking 645Z

Hello all, I thought some of you may like to see this... If this isn't appropriate for the forum, please accept my apologies and delete. It's an interview run by C.R. Kennedy (the people who distribute, market, sell and support Pentax cameras in Australia). They asked me to appear to talk...
  17. Ed Hurst

Nikon D850 - continuous RAW shooting

Hello all, I have a question about the Nikon D850. Assuming that I am shooting uncompressed RAWs in the format that produces the best quality, do you know what the shortest exposure time is that allows unlimited sequences of RAWs to be shot and written to the card? Assume a card fast enough not...
  18. Ed Hurst

ALPHA A7R MARK IV - continuous RAW shooting

Hello all, I have a question about the ALPHA A7R MARK IV. Assuming that I am shooting uncompressed RAWs in the format that produces the best quality, do you know what the shortest exposure time is that allows unlimited sequences of RAWs to be shot and written to the card? Assume a card fast...
  19. Ed Hurst

Pentax 645Z trouble - advice sought

Hello all, Today, I was out in my local area, when my Pentax 645Z stopped working properly. The camera is still electronically alive, but it will no longer successfully capture an image - just a blank file. Live view also produces a blank screen. I don't know if this suggests a dead shutter...
  20. Ed Hurst

Question about GFX100 high ISO performance

Hello chums, As regular members of this site will know, I make quite extensive use of my Pentax 645Z for high ISO, astro work. Milky Way shots quite often use ISO6400 or occasionally higher. I am reasonably happy with the results, but feel that more recent sensor tech might be able to do...