The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pic included in Royal Observatory / BBC astro photography awards

Ed Hurst

Hello all,

I hope this is allowed and also that it isn't too obnoxious of me to post it. But I want to share the joy with my medium format friends...

I have been lucky enough to be shortlisted in the Royal Observatory Greenwich 'Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2021' (run in conjunction with the BBC's Sky at Night Magazine and the National Maritime Museum in London).

You can see some of the shortlisted images here... Mine was taken with the Pentax 645Z and 25mm DA lens. My breath is taken away by some of the images I am up against, but it's still nice to be shortlisted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-57653901

All the best,
Ed

jng

Wow, congratulations, Ed! I would say that the other photographers are in good company with you!

John

Ed Hurst

I truly appreciate it, everyone - thank you so much. Very heartwarming and encouraging (y)(y)(y)🤞

Coming from you guys, it means a lot.