The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Anyone tried the Fringer Contax 645 to FUJIFILM GFX Adapter?

It's mentioned on BH site that it functions with 645 lenses except one macro lens. Does that mean Mamiya 645 lenses too? If yes, any luck trying it with the Mamiya 645 APO 300 f4.5 lens, i.e., does it AF and can one change the f-stops on a GFX?
  2. A

So long for now my friends after 10+ years

Some moderator Drevil just closed a Phase thread I was participating in because he said it got out of control. He is out of control and communism here I will not take.
  3. A

M11-P tomorrow?

We will see if it's the 24th for the M11-P. If this happens where will it be introduced?
  4. A

Feel sorry for the Moroccan Berbers suffering from the earthquake in the Atlas Mountains

Not too many years ago I made a conscious effort to meet many Berbers who lived then under difficult conditions high up on the Atlas Mountain s. I could only communicate with images printed onto a Fuji printer. We did not speak a common language accept at times some knew French, but most I could...
  5. A

WTB-old RRS-MC-L bracket

It has been out of production for some time. Look in your spares drawer and see what you can come up with. Thanks.
  6. A

Augustiner Keller

While in Munich last month my sister took my wife and I down into the Keller. What a place! They have a lovely collection of old landscape artwork on the walls.
  7. A

Anybody using the LLL Cooke Speed Panchro II?

Received mine (black 50/f2.0) and just starting to test it on the M11. It sure loves reds and gives them a certain boost to a glow. For whatever reason I am starting to like old and classic lenses on the M11. They often render in special ways.
  8. A

Clouds still hang over Dachau-WARNING-SOME IMAGES ARE HIGH DESCRIPTIVE AND MIGHT OFFEND.

The images certainly offend me. Just think, this was the first of many such camps. If you were on a train and it was diverted to the Dachau Camp this railway switch looks normal (image 2), but the destination was anything but normal. Image 3 shows a track less than 50 meters from the Main...
  9. A

Your Thoughts are Important

While in Munich I decided to spend a rainy day at Dachau with my M11 Monochrom. The visit was not meant as anyhing other than a sad day of remembrance. I did not know what I was about to see, but I went anyway. Nevertheless, I had decided to document the day and communicate my feelings of the...
  10. A

How to correct a stupid mistake C1 and PS?

Today on my Mac Air M2 running Monterey 12.6.5, when in C1 Pro (16.1.3.10) and wanting to edit an image with PS 23 (24.4.1), I got the usual format question and selected TIFF. Then PS asked me if it could access my files not remembering ever seeing this question so I selected "No" thinking it...
  11. A

Do Not walk into Leica Stores

On Holiday in Europe and after visiting 5 stores I recanted. Leica "O" Series-bought one in Munich. At least I got a free roll of film and a one year warranty. Now if I shoot the roll how will I protect the images on the roll without having it developed over here since all my lead lined bags...
  12. A

Fun with M11 Monochrom

Time to start this.
  13. A

Very old French postcards-copies made with M11

My wife just opened a package her mother left her prior to her death about 15 years ago and to our surprise this package includes about 150-200 postcards mainly from France, Europe and Africa. Some are street photography, others are portraits and even some show WWI dog fights or the War...
  14. A

A bit of Recent NYC

M11-either 50/0.95 or 35/1.4 FLEII
  15. A

A bit of NYC

First tries with the XT-5 and the Sigma 18-50. Nice smallish lens. Just one shot with the M11 and 35/1.4 FLEII
  16. A

Macro copying of old postcards

My wife just opened a package her mother left her and to our surprise this package includes about 150-200 postcards mainly from France, Europe and Africa. Some are street photography, others are portraits and even some show WWI dog fights or the War aftermath while others show traditional life...
  17. A

What in the heck is Capture One doing to its customer base?

I received the strangest email about new policy changes coming on of all dates- 14 February and it looks like my 2023 upgrade might be thrown out the window on the 15 of February. Comments after you read C1 announcement.
  18. A

X-T5 Loving it, but question

I am using a manual focus lens from TTArtisans, the 35 0.95 lens and find it performs as I expected. I set the Mount Adapter Setting to the lens I have set and entered in this area which is the last item under IQ Setting Menu on p4. My specific question is can one use a zoom feature on the X-T5...
  19. A

Z9 required to use the Techart TZM-02 for M lens autofocus?

Just saw a video on mathphorographer where he used this adapter on his Z9 with M lenses weighing less than 500 grams. Amazing quick and accurate focus. Not being a Nikon owner I was wondering if owning a Z7II would suffice with this type of adapter for autofocusing M lenses or is the Z9 the only...
  20. A

Anyone tried the TTArtisan 35mm 0.95 lens?

If this lens proves to be a solid performer, it could be the Noctilux of the Fuji X mount World. On an APS-C sensor this lens equates to a 50mm on a FF camera. For such a low price it costs less than one third of my state sales tax for the Leica 50mm 0.95 Noctilux. Even that sentence amazes me...