The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

Any Hasselblad users just use Phocus and nothing else?

I’m not familiar with Hasselblad Raw files. But I have had a good experience with Fast Raw Viewer which swiftly reads through the embedded jpegs in Raw files and is great for quickly culling images. I believe it reads CFV files.
  2. H

Fine Art Finisher/Printer

I recently had some color Giclée prints made at Michigan Imaging: https://www.michigan-imaging.com. I discussed papers and possible adjustments with Patrick. Then I reviewed the test prints and afterwards had the final prints made. They came out terrific. I figure I would share on this thread...
  3. H

Compatibility P45+ / P25+ with first Hasselblad 500c camera

I haven’t had any issues with the lenses I use which are the 60, 100 and 120. I recently have been using the 40 but haven’t used that with the digital back as much. I can let you know when I shoot with that more using the digital back.
  4. H

ISO differences Phase One P45+ vs P45 / firmware / screen resolution

The P+ backs and IQ backs have sensor plus which will reduce your resolution by 4 but you can get to higher ISO. Everyone’s acceptance of image noise varies but I feel ISO 400 is pretty good with Sensor+ on. ISO800 is tolerable in my eyes.
  5. H

ISO differences Phase One P45+ vs P45 / firmware / screen resolution

I have a P25 and I believe it has the same screen resolution as the P45. It’s display technology is from the mid-2000s and compared to screens even from the 2010s, it is poor. The histogram is useful. You can zoom in some when reviewing photos but it’s not good enough to determine if eyelashes...
  6. H

Fine Art Finisher/Printer

I’ve used and have had great results from Digital Silver Imaging in the Boston Area, USA. You can print as is or you can have them adjust before printing. They print on black and white (darkroom) fiber or RC from file and can also print ink jet / Giclée. They have some trial packages where you...
  7. H

Favorite Tethered Studio Camera

I tether when I shoot product in the studio with a macro and strobes. I use C1 and a Phase One back. Charging while you are plugged in is the way to go. Things I like: I like to get the shot tuned in. I can check focus areas and check for mistakes much more easily on a big screen. I like that I...
  8. H

fat pixel digital backs

I love the texture and the transitions
  9. H

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Hasselblad 503CX Fuji Provia Carl Zeiss 100mm f3.5 CF
  10. H

fat pixel digital backs

Hasselblad 503CX Carl Zeiss 60mm F3.5 PhaseOne P25
  11. H

Hasselblad V digital back history/options

I haven’t had any issues with focusing on my Hasselblad. I must have lucked out. I also have two backs and both are fine focus-wise. You may be fine. As for live view, if you have time/opportunity you can fire a shot and check. I do that on tether. If I’m in the field then the IQ backs have a...
  12. H

Hasselblad V digital back history/options

From Phase One, you have the following options for Hasselblad V: P20 Firewire P21 Firewire P30 Firewire P30+ Firewire P25 Firewire P25+ Firewire P45 Firewire P45+ Firewire P65+ Firewire IQ140 USB + Firewire IQ160 USB + Firewire IQ180 USB + Firewire IQ260 USB + Firewire + Wifi IQ280 USB +...
  13. H

Hasselblad service for V-system equipment?

Steve’s has done great work on several of my lenses, body and back. I also had another back (winder didn’t stop at the first frame) repaired at Midwest Camera and they did a good job.
  14. H

First try in my home studio (Need some advice)

That’s pretty good. Depending on the look you want, you could try the main light as you have and have your subject hold a reflector in her lap or by the chest to reflect some of the main light back under the chin. For more interesting looks, I put the main light (in a softbox) almost at 90...
  15. H

Protection for IQ4 backs (rubber band, screen protector, etc.)

How do you order the Brotect Airglass to the US? The Protection Films site says they don’t deliver to the US.
  16. H

Lower cost digital backs for 501 and 503 Hasselblad bodies

I recommend using Capture One Pro for any of the Phase One products. Like Martin said the P series is end of life and is not supported. The H series is definitely not supported but they are so cheap online because you have to tether. The CF cards, even, are hard to get. The early P backs have CF...
  17. H

Lower cost digital backs for 501 and 503 Hasselblad bodies

Phase One H20, P20, 25, 45, 65, IQ140, IQ160, IQ260 work with the V series camera bodies. The earlier models that I list are cheaper. From Hasselblad, the CFV-16 is a lower cost back that works with the V series bodies.
  18. H

Finally found "the" backpack for my IQ4 and Hassy system...

Good to know. I’m looking for a backpack and will look at the Compagnon. Did you compare to Lowepro or Shimoda? Curious what aspects gave the Compagnon an edge. The removable pad seems unique to the Compagnon
  19. H

SOLD FS: Phase One IQ3 100mp $7.8K ***FINAL-FINAL...FINAL REDUCTION***

This is a great price. I already have two Phase backs. Someone should jump on this.