The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. rayyan

Is it only me?

Hi. Going over lots and lots of images made with the X-Trans sensor, and posted on various sites, I have noticed that a preponderance of images are portraits ( of animate and inanimate objects ). Travel images from different exotic and mundane places. Mostly of street,buildings etc. I searched...
  2. rayyan

Help please LR on iPad Pro

Hi. First time attempting to use LR on my iPad Pro. And have run into a stupid obstacle. Stupid coz I must be doing something foolish. While attempting to edit an image, the image is not fixed on the canvas ( screen )! The image moves when I use pencil or finger to paint, erase, select etc...
  3. rayyan

X-T3 video question.

just getting into video. ( got to keep myself busy ). ss set to 2x frame rate. i cant change any other dials ( aperture or iso ) to control exposure. there is an icon next to the movie mode icon on the lcd showinf 'auto', all the time. is this normal? can one not be able to control exposure...
  4. rayyan

Is there..

a practical difference between shutter delay and exposure delay? Particularly, in application to the Z system. I am very sloooowwww learner! With a zero attention span :cry: Thank you.
  5. rayyan

Is this allowed?

I just received a conversation. The following is the very enticing message... " rayyan, hey) Emilly, 25, female. Rate my naked photos on sex dating site, click link: http://fastdate24.com/hotgirl93 " As a matter of habit, I choose my own!! Message is from Briram 39.
  6. rayyan

Going light

Daniel is a documentary n travel photographer. I would like to share a video of his with you guys. Go light
  7. rayyan

They told me smoking is bad for health

8. rayyan

COVID-19 vaccination

I had my first COVID-19 shot early Jan 2021. Steps in my country for COVID-19 vaccination. Download Ministry of Health app. Fill in some information. Next day I got my appointment date, time, center. And same for next appointment. I went to the center. Could I walk or need wheel chair. I...
  9. rayyan

How to..

I would like to have my Z6 bracket shoot 5 shots when I press the shutter release After a 2/10 second delay. I would like to do this without going into the intervalometer. Could you help me please. I am unable to find how to do this. Thank you folks. p.s. I am setting the 2/10 second delay...
  10. rayyan

Photography

Ideas
  11. rayyan

Sunset at Angor Wat

RX100; Image by Ayesha.
  12. rayyan

Where have they gone?

Anyone know the whereabouts of these members.. lloyd shatarka vivek ashwin matt driscoll Hope all are safe and doing well.
  13. rayyan

Please recommend a camera back pack or sling bag

The camera carry must be light. Water proof. A Fuji X-T3/ or the XP-2 is the only camera. 3 lenses..XF 16/1.4, 35/2, and maybe a 50/2. A polarizer. 3 batteries, portable hard disk to store images, 10 SD cards iPhone. Passport, CC. Not everything shall be carried at all times. Battery chargers...
  14. rayyan

A taste of home...

All with the XE-1 and the 18-55mm
  15. rayyan

Help needed please.

I have been using 2 different camera systems. I have all the lenses I need for each of them except a wa...15/16-35mm ff equivalent nikon z6, df Fuji x xt3, xpro2 I travel a lot...overseas destinations. I like each of them. But carrying both systems has become a pita. I have filters for all...
  16. rayyan

Simple breakfast during the pandemic...

Stay safe, stay well.
  17. rayyan

Dr. Ayesha, I presume!

It was a long journey! But not the same as Dr. Livingston. The countries visited were as: Ethiopia Kenya Malawi Zimbabwe Zambia Botswana Rwanda In that order. Guess on the normal travel routes for most, eh? Air, Land, Water. The objective was Mt. Kenya ( the other countries were for exploring...
  18. rayyan

Very early impressions...Z6

Since Sony was not prepared to let me handle the camera in the field, so to speak, and no replace policy; I bought myself a Nikon Z6 bundle plus the 50/1.8S. Seems like meeting a friend after a few years! We both have changed. But yet deep down we are the same. It is a Nikon, in the grand...
  19. rayyan

Season’s Greetings...

Ayesha, I and our family would like to wish all at GetDPI and everywhere our best wishes and prayers for the Season and for a prosperous, healthy and safe new year. May the Good Light be with you all always.
  20. rayyan

X-T3 DOF help

Is there a way to look at a zoomed in image to evaluate the quality of focus at different points in an image prior to exposing the frame? I can zoom in to the focus point ok, but scrolling to other parts of the frame is escaping me. Thanks for your help.