The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Digitalcameraman

The Phase One XT 150mm HO-S SB Lens – First Impressions

I just wanted to share my first impressions and images I recently shot with the new Phase One XT 150mm HO-S SB Lens on a trip thru Norway. It's a great addition to the lenses for the XT camera system. The compression is so different than most of these...
  2. Digitalcameraman

Phase ONE 28mm lens f4.5

Stanley, Our experience with this lens for over decades is that is can be sharp on the edges if you shoot it stopped down enough. F12 should be fine but you can do a refraction test to see if stopping it down too much will loose sharpness. I suggest shooting one at 8 and start bracketing on 1/3...
  3. Digitalcameraman

GFX 100II won't trigger flash when HC lens attached

Great documentation Dana. I know you are very technical too. Let me see if I can get this over to someone at Fuji.
  4. Digitalcameraman

GFX 100II won't trigger flash when HC lens attached

The bug that would not allow flash triggers like Profoto and Godox was happening with the devices that would slide onto hotshoe. The Firmware 1.2 corrected that and Profoto and Godox both confirmed and our customers saw this solved immediately. I know you have covered your bases, but did you...
  5. Digitalcameraman

The first few lenses dealers were shipped were sent to get these lenses out on the street. So it is possible that some of those details could be in the process of manufacturing. I will ask the Product Manager about that. We have already sold some of these so once they are received we see the...
  6. Digitalcameraman

What kind of marking? It has the same distance scale that all the other XT lenses has. You mean the branding Rodenstock, ect, on the very outside barrel near filter ring? Good question.
  7. Digitalcameraman

I just wanted to share my first impressions and images I recently shot with the new Phase One XT 150mm HO-S SB Lens on a trip thru Norway. It's a great addition to the lenses for the XT camera system. The compression is so different than most of these images we create with Technical camera...
  8. Digitalcameraman

The Phase One XC 23 - Now a Stand Alone Camera Body and Lens..

Finally we have the ability to buy this and add to your kit. Fun camera to hand hold and shoot, or put it on a tripod and capture long exposures. Zone focus and use as a street camera too.
  9. Digitalcameraman

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

That is correct. Phase One owns that technology and how they developed it, so I do not expect any of these other medium format manufactures to offer it. Wish they would, it is two great features. It does require a lot of power and processing internal to the back.
  10. Digitalcameraman

Just a follow up on Warren's comments about using ES and using flash. I recently did a test at an Arch workshop with a few end users. One was using the XT and IQ4, we set it to 1/4 sec and it could not fire the flash, we got to 1/2 and 1 sec it fired the flash over and over, no issues what so...
  11. Digitalcameraman

I agree with this as well. When you open a file in Capture One, it is intelligent so it picks and applies an ICC Color profile designed for that specific camera. Think of it as a recipe to create the color, contrast and density of the file. When we open a file in Focus, the same, it knows what...
  12. Digitalcameraman

We have asked Hasselblad about this for years when the 907x was released. They have told us they will never sell that 907x with just the body or just the 907x part to host the AF lenses. It is kind of like the razor concept, give them the handle and they will buy the blade. Same goes when we are...
  13. Digitalcameraman

Agreed we all wish Capture One supported the Hasselblad camera and files. But we do not see that happening anytime soon/ H lenses are compatible. Please see our foot notes about the use of those in the AF mode, it requires that your firmware of that lens to be at least 18.xxxx Please note that...
  14. Digitalcameraman

That would not work since the flange distance is so great, anytime you mount a lens like that or any of the GF lenses you risk loosing infinity focus. And what more would you gain if the image circle is too small to take advantage of that extra 20 mm of movement.
  15. Digitalcameraman

Those are very unique options that Phase One has created with the IQ4 backs. They owns some patents but not sure if those have kept others from developing similar features. But no one offers anything like this and both of those features set the Phase One system apart from any of these new or old...
  16. Digitalcameraman

Don't give up, we got them to ship. Ready to place your order today? LOL
  17. Digitalcameraman

Please take a look at our content we developed for the new release. This should be a great solution for not only Hasselblad users but all Tech camera users too. Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you. The New Hasselblad 907x 100c Announced! The Hasselblad 907X & CFV 100C...
  18. Digitalcameraman

Size Comparison! Fujifilm GFX100 II v. GFX100S

I just got this Fuji GFX 100 II and new 55mm 1.7 lens today. All I can say is that it is very impressive. It feels better in your hand, the viewfinder is so crisp and bright, the burst rate at 8 FPS is insane for a 100 mp camera system. Auto focus seems very responsive and tracking works much...
  19. Digitalcameraman

Fun with MF images 2023

Bandon Beach, OR Fuji GFX100s 45mm-100mm Zoom @ 45mm .77 Sec Exposure @ F /11
  20. Digitalcameraman

IQ4150 Hot Pixels getting worse

James, Those hot pixels have a lot to do with using the look up table that is built in to IQ4 150 back with the pre recorded black calibration frames. For years Phase One backs always forced you to create that black calibration frame during the exposure. With the ability to turn that off, comes...