The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GF 32-64 lens and 35-70 lens comparison

gurtch

If this has has been discussed here before, my apologies, please point me in the correct direction. I am an amateur, do seascapes hand held at f11~f 16, and heavily rely on IBIS. Any experience at different focal lengths? Non scientific, practical experience is OK. I use GFX 100S.

Thanks in advance

Dave in NJ

Greg Haag

Dave,
I don't know if these will be helpful, but I watched them when trying to make a decision.
Good Luck,
Greg

rdeloe

Dave, I haven't used the 32-64. Apparently it's a terrific lens. I have the 35-70 now. You can't go wrong with that one either, unless you need the slightly shorter focal length.
One thing to keep in mind is that the 35-70 lacks an aperture ring. That's not a problem for me, but it might be for you. Otherwise, it's an excellent lens and a fabulous value, plus very light.

lookbook

Hi Dave,

I have always avoided working with zoom lenses because they are always a compromise.
For my GFX 50r I bought the 35-70 used because of the unbeatable price it is offered for used.
I couldn't be happier with the lens because of its good quality.
However, and I give this consideration, the resolution of my sensor is much smaller than that of the GFX 100s.

Perhaps see that you get opinions from people who work with your type of camera.

gurtch

Hi Dave,

I have always avoided working with zoom lenses because they are always a compromise.
For my GFX 50r I bought the 35-70 used because of the unbeatable price it is offered for used.
I couldn't be happier with the lens because of its good quality.
However, and I give this consideration, the resolution of my sensor is much smaller than that of the GFX 100s.

Perhaps see that you get opinions from people who work with your type of camera.
Thanks for your input.
Dave