The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And donā€™t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica M8 Images!

dave.gt

Ok, you know you have them,šŸ˜‡ not all of you, but many are sitting with a treasure of M8 images.

Sadly, I donā€™t. But it occurred to me that it would be both fun and educational to have a look back at those images from not so long ago. Iā€™m sure plenty of M8 cameras are being used today. How about sharing your images?

Letā€™s have a little fun!šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

dave.gt

The M8 is still an excellent professional camera with articles in recent magazines shot with an M8.. like GQ.

Wim Wenders video is still relevant!

dave.gt

Ok, this confirms already for me that there has been a shift in signature, if you will from the first digital M to the latest.

This, for example is a fine BW photo. It is clean, sharp, bright, and very nice. A completely different look compared to the trend toward dark images I see posted in forums and in magazines.

These images make me smile.šŸ˜‡

JoelM

The M8 and M9 used the Kodak sensor and worked with Leica to simulate Kodakchrome so the folklore goes.

dave.gt

Ok, just to pique some classic M8 interest in a predominant medium format forum, there are many friends I personally know who enjoy their M8. Most are on Flickr or here:

A lot of great images.

True, there arenā€™t many landscapes but that is not the strength of any Leica M. But it is fun to see how photography them is still relevantā€¦ not really ā€œobsoleteā€!

We all have many choices in photography these days so I try not to miss out on anything fun!

Hoping for more M8 images here.šŸ˜‡