The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

jeffreybehr

Well it's been seven months since I ordered the Fuji GF 45-100mm f4 lens and it finally arrived this morning! I had an hour to spare so I took it out on my GFX100S to try. First impressions are very good, the IQ seems on par with the primes and the AF is just as fast. The zoom ring is a little stiff but I expect that will ease up with some use. Here's my first shot with it:
Autumn meadow by Mark, on Flickr
Congrats; I sure love mine; shot a carshow where the 32-64 would have been too short.

Greg Haag

Which image do you prefer: with or without walkers in the image? GFX 100S 32-64mm lens, f16 at 32mm 1/170 sec ISO 400.
Thanks for your input.
DaveView attachment 189492View attachment 189493
Dave, I really think it is personal preference. For me, the couple look to be in a bit of an awkward position but I love the bird in the image. I think if I was starting with the raw file, I would dodge and burn a bit to make the bird more a part of my story, but either way a great image.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Dave, I really think it is personal preference. For me, the couple look to be in a bit of an awkward position but I love the bird in the image. I think if I was starting with the raw file, I would dodge and burn a bit to make the bird more a part of my story, but either way a great image.
Yes. Without the couple, the bird needs more prominence. The couple themselves feel on the wrong size scale. They are close enough to the foreground fence that they look a bit like toys. The fence, beach, and distant clouds provide such a great canvas - I just don't know what to do with it.

Greg Haag

So maybe this is taking "Fun with MF Images" too far. We moved our daughter into a new apartment and it sort of had a futuristic look to it, so I took the liberty of blending a sky in that I felt better suited the building.

Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 32mm 2 images stitched

Crystal Flats Small-1.jpg

Last edited:

P. Chong

A quick one for today…the new Tudor Pelagos FXD, a watch designed in collaboration with the French Marine Nationale. Designed for underwater navigation and optimized for professional use. Fujifilm GFX 50S II with Hasselblad HC 4/120 + H Adapter.

BCB9A6C9-99C7-4753-AFC5-E8E0FF2912FE.jpeg