The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

biglouis

Reed Warbler - the bird has its legs and claws stretched out as it lands on a reed stem but for some reason it has also caught the top of another reed in its beak as it lands. I was shooting the X-H2S, XF100-400+TC1.4x, at 40fps and did not notice what had happened until I processed the photo._DSF2541-2-RAF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

pegelli

Reed Warbler - the bird has its legs and claws stretched out as it lands on a reed stem but for some reason it has also caught the top of another reed in its beak as it lands. I was shooting the X-H2S, XF100-400+TC1.4x, at 40fps and did not notice what had happened until I processed the photo.
That's a great catch, both from you and from the warbler!

biglouis

This really was fun with a Fuji_X this morning.
I was walking along Cable Street in Limehouse when I took a short cut and discovered this street of beautifully preserved, typical East End, Victorian villas. Havering Street, Limehouse, London.
The first thing that went through my mind was "Wouldn't it be nice to get on with the neighbours..." the opening line to Lazy Sunday, by the British group 'Small Faces' which was released along with a music video in 1968. My eyes weren't deceiving me and an internet search revealed the video (which I have watched on YouTube, many times) really was made at the drummer's parent's house in Havering Street and even featured the real life next door neighbour.
Anyway, a nice photographic surprise for someone like me who is a Small Faces fan, shot with the X-T4 and the XF10-24.
I was on the way to photograph a nearby building which features in a famous film and I'll post about that soon.

_DSF7535.jpg

_DSF7534.jpg

biglouis

Hopefully there're deep backyard gardens, but at least there is one distant tree ...
I walked along the street parallel to this and was surprised to find that the properties all had 30-40foot walled back gardens. Also the properties are three stories, with the garden and ground floor at a lower level. Quite unusual for this area.

Shashin

They are indeed. It is a foam tapir, so it takes a really long time to pass by.

This is 3-D archery where archers shoot at foam animals. Engraved on the side of the target are circles indicating the area of the vital organs. You get different points for hitting different areas. Personally, I am not a 3-D archer, but prefer field archery that uses paper targets with a yellow center and black concentric rings.

Last edited:

Shashin

More archery fun, this time with targets I do shoot. This is the same bootcamp. We are learning how to shoot outdoor target. The normal distance is 50m. Obviously, this is a bit closer.

X Pro2, XF23 f2

Shashin

More archery stuff.

Coach Rod Jenkins is checking a students shoulder alignment with an arrow.

Students learning about the 50m target game.

Fun fact: my bow is the silver one at the bottom of the frame. The Gitzo tripod and spotting scope are mine as well.