The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Live view support for Capture One for iPad / iPhone Version 2.3.0

Mexecutioner

I just got an email about this. I'm at work and don't have my camera with me to confirm this in fact works. If anyone wants to give it a go and report back that would be awesome!

Just updated to 2.3.0 on my iPad pro. Crashes on startup!
Removed and reinstalled.
C1 works but does not connect the camera, either with the wifi hotspot on the camera or via the wifi network at the studio. Nor does it work with an ethernet cable.
This is with IQ4
My recommendation is to wait for 2.3.1

Mexecutioner

Just updated to 2.3.0 on my iPad pro. Crashes on startup!
Removed and reinstalled.
C1 works but does not connect the camera, either with the wifi hotspot on the camera or via the wifi network at the studio. Nor does it work with an ethernet cable.
This is with IQ4
My recommendation is to wait for 2.3.1
I figured support for Liveview with the IQ4 was too good to be true. Maybe they decided to support the Canon 6D first, instead of their own "flagship" back. Go figure!

Whisp3r

Capture One Mobile does not detect my IQ4 back. I tried a WiFi local network connection and the Access Point mode of the IQ4, to no avail. So same story as reported by Jonas, minus the crashing :) Cascable does detect the IQ4.

Paul Spinnler

It'll probably for the Sony, Canon, Nikon stuff - P1 backs are 0.0001% of the market, so no one bothers ... it is run as wholly independent business now ...

Got a reply from Capture one support. New version 2.3.1 out now, quickly fixed.
Unfortunately, it doesn't really work. The camera connects and transfers images from the camera, but the app crashes as soon as I try to zoom in on an image or use the camera controller. Then the app crashes on startup and needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled to work.
Best to wait for 2.3.2
Or has anyone had better luck?

Whisp3r

Got a reply from Capture one support. New version 2.3.1 out now, quickly fixed.
Unfortunately, it doesn't really work. The camera connects and transfers images from the camera, but the app crashes as soon as I try to zoom in on an image or use the camera controller. Then the app crashes on startup and needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled to work.
Best to wait for 2.3.2
Or has anyone had better luck?

I hate to write this, but... it works. o_O
I tried the same things you tried: zooming on an image, using the camera controller. No crashes.

However: it wouldn't detect the IQ4 after the update. I had to uninstall the app, then reinstall it. After which everything seems to run fine.

Thanks. I'll have to test a little more then and hope it works.

I hate to write this, but... it works. o_O
I tried the same things you tried: zooming on an image, using the camera controller. No crashes.

However: it wouldn't detect the IQ4 after the update. I had to uninstall the app, then reinstall it. After which everything seems to run fine.

cunim

That would be the EVF then for the IQ4?
  • My first thought but no joy. I connected my pro max 12 phone using the Apple lightning to USB C cable. C1 mobile will not offer usb as an option, only wifi.
  • Okay, so I try wifi, which works with Cascable. C1 sort of works. That is, the back connects and info is correct, I can adjust shutter, iso, etc. I can (after figuring out how) go to the capture interface and snap a shot, but the whole thing is useless because no LV. That remains black no matter what I try.
  • Well then, maybe I can just use this turkey to give me remote shutter capability when tethered via USB C and using the X shutter (which eats the shutter connection). Nope. C1 on the PC won't recognise the back because that is busy with wifi and it can't handle connection via both wifi and usb C at the same time.
So far, that's three strikes.

Paul Spinnler

Yes there's ample room for improvement on the IQ5 with I/O and battery. Even if its just 200 megapixels, the potential to optimize the surrounding bits is large these days.

Mexecutioner

Yes there's ample room for improvement on the IQ5 with I/O and battery. Even if its just 200 megapixels, the potential to optimize the surrounding bits is large these days.
We will have to drop 20 G's to get this, so they better get it right this time around.

Paul Spinnler

Knowing P1, it'll be more like 27'900 upgrade pricing or some insane thing like that.

(Based on 48k list, 42k street or some insane stuff like that). Given passage of time and the division's need to generate cash, I wouldn't be surprised if the trade in value gets watered down to a 25k plus net cash outlay for the next gen ...

Whisp3r

So live view on iPhone is possible via usb-c?

That would be the EVF then for the IQ4?
USB is not supported: WiFi or ethernet are the two possible options. I only tried WiFi, and it works. I haven't stress-tested it though. To me, this is a godsend because, coming from the Fuji's EVF, I am unable to compose by only using the IQ4's LCD screen, so the extra screen real estate of an iPad Pro is awesome. I am going to try ethernet tomorrow, I'll need to purchase a USB-C to ethernet adapter first.

Hmmmm EVF, no really. More like an oversized LCD screen. Nowhere near a decent EVF. It's very, very choppy. Which isn't really an issue if you work on a tripod and compose very carefully and deliberately.