The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

I am surprised that more people are not commenting or concerned about the current supply status for all the V lenses ,38,55,and 90. And the 28mm P. In the US, I don't believe Hasselblad has shipped any of these in any quantity since Jan 2024. I know that all the major Camera suppliers in the US...
  2. P

Question on Long Telephoto for Hasselblad X2D

Hope that others can help me understand the true focal length of a HC or HCD lens on the X2D. From what I can determine, the longest true X2D lens is the 135mm with the 1.7x teleconverter, which goes to approx 230mm (rounding up from 229.5), then you take that time .79 to get the 35mm camera...
  3. P

Focus bracketing Question X2D

As with Fuji, and Nikon etc when you shoot a Focus Bracket with the X2D, there is no option to put the images in a unique folder (at least that I can find), so all the images are grouped together on the card in the main folder. With Fuji I found an old app that allows you to find the sequence...
  4. P

Phocus question, all changes are dropped on export

I am new to Phocus, but not to image editing. However after working several X2D images up in Phocus, I am seeing the same thing, the files export, but when opened in Photoshop, the image has none of the changes I made in Phocus, basically it's the initial image. See screen prints below. What...
  5. P

Question: use of 24 HCD lens on X2D with 0,8 Hasselblad adapter

Has anyone tried the 24mm 4.8 HCD lens on the X2D with the 0,8 adapter? If so can you share your thoughts? Since Hasselblad for some reason quit making the 21mm (I would love to know why) the old 24mm HCD lens with said adapter seems to be a good combination as it becomes a 19mm 3.8 with the...
  6. P

X2D Cleaning Question, (wet clean)

I have asked this question a few places, but really have yet to get any worthwhile response. Question: Have you wet cleaned the sensor on a X2D? If so did you do it with the camera powered on or off, i.e. IBIS active or not I have plenty of experience with wet cleaning a sensor, having used...
  7. P

Diglloyd short video on GFX100II, issues etc.

I posted this in the Fuji Forum, but considering the GFX100 series is "medium format" I wanted to also include it here. After using the 100II for a month, I found his video to be very accurate on the issues that this camera has. Digital Lloyd has posted a short to the point video on his main...
  8. P

Good video on GFX100II on Lloyds site.

Digital Lloyd has posted a “in a nutshell” video with his opinions on differences between the 100S and 100II. It’s worth a watch. His points are well taken and IMO address similar issues I have had with the 100II. Fuji had a chance to rewrite the book with this camera and it’s apparent they just...
  9. P

www.Phase One site still down?

Has anyone found a way to log into the Phase One site? I thought my browser cache might be corrupt and cleared it, but still can’t reach the main site. Time out. Amazing if it’s still down as it’s been over a week now. Capture one site is up. Paul
  10. P

C1 for iPad announces tethering for all currently supported cameras (EXCEPT PHASE ONE)

Can anyone explain this? Why would C1 for iPad still not support a tethered solution for the IQ backs. Today they apparently announced tethering for all other cameras, currently supported by C1 Pro, except P1 backs. I ran this by my dealer today, but still don't understand why Phase One/C1...
  11. P

DxO Pure Raw 2 now supports SL2 and M11

Title says it all. Not a free update. $79.00. But nice to have the native support now. Paul
  12. P

Kudos to LR/ACR on "select sky" masking tool

Attempting to mask a sky around details, has been a troublesome process for me for years. With C1 20, you could work into it with the color selection tool and then tweaking the selection with the luminance tool. This process takes a lot of time, and IMO never got a fully solid mask. With...
  13. P

GFX100 load error with DxO Photolab 4.

I have tried to work with DxO photo lab 4 with a series of GFX100 files that were shot with the in camera focus stacking setting. I get a "load error" whenever I try to open the files. Has anyone else seen similar behavior? It appears that files shot in a normal exposure bracketing mode will...
  14. P

Add Fuji to list of ransom ware attacks.

Sad but Fuji announced yesterday they had a ransom ware attack. No details. Today they announced that the attack might just availability of certain products. Site was down for US yesterday appears to be back up today. Hate to see this type of behavior continue. Hopefully Fuji will investigate...
  15. P

Question on Focus Stacking Auto Mode Fuji GFX100

I have been trying to better understand the Auto mode for focus stacking on the GFX100 (Fuji considers it a bracketing mode). As I understand it, you have to do the following: Go to the drive mode button on the left, top, and after pressing this button, follow the menu to Focus Bracketing and...
  16. P

GFX100 Firmware 4.0 coming, impressive number of updates

Not sure if anyone else still with the GFX100 saw this over on Fuji Rumors, it's also now on Dpreview. A lot of improvements coming, to bring the GFX100 more in line with the 100s. Interesting read. Nice to see this coming...
  17. P

Is SL2 Stills or Video viewable on an External HDMI monitor

I have an Atomos Shinobi monitor and was attempting to use it with a SL2. My goal is to be able to view the Live View while shooting stills and or Video, not to record to the external monitor (like using a Ninja V). So far, I can't get anything to show up on the Shinobi. I have tried several...
  18. P

Official Alpa X shutter prices

For Alpa users interested in moving to X shutter or purchase of new: Looks like $4,119.00 per lens to modify to X shutter from Copal. Paul
  19. P

A couple of questions for SL2 owners

I am considering the SL2, and have a couple of questions I hope that current users can answer. 1. With manual focus, and Live View, with most other cameras I have used you can double tap the rear screen to zoom to 100% view and then move around the screen. From reading the manual on the SL2...
  20. P

Capture One, new download process, "at least for me"

Placing this here as I don't see that much traffic in the "software" forum for C1 issues. Just wanted to give a heads up, as it appears the old way, (which worked for the last 15 or so years), no longer works for downloading C1. You have to go to The complete photo editing software solution...