The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Q2 shots

scho

First outing with my new Q2M along Cascadilla Creek in downtown Ithaca, NY. The footbridge across Cascadilla Creek is part of the Sagan solar system trail walk and the portholes in the bridge contain astronomical symbols for the planets. Click image for larger (50%) version.

scho

Buttermilk Falls was churning today. Lost our snowpack overnight as a result of heavy rain and warm temperature. Several people came out to look at the falls and take pictures. All at f/8 auto iso with Q2M.

scho

A few snaps with the Q2M on a brief walk around the pond at Sapsucker Woods. Just flurries when we arrived but as we were leaving it became a total white out.

Click image below for larger view of detail.

Last edited:

scho

I printed an image taken earlier this month with the Q2M on some Simply Elegant Everyday Matte canvas using an Epson P800 and Imageprint Black. Irena at IP support was kind to make profiles (color and grey scale) for this relatively new media from IT Supplies and if you use ImagePrint and a P800 you will find the profiles in the profile valet online. It is relatively inexpensive, only 15 mil thickness, bright white, but prints very deep blacks and smooth grey tones It is quite supple and easy to use in simple magnetic hangers or gallery wraps. The image below of a 17x22 inch print in a magnetic hanger is from an iPhone so excuse the distortion.

Last edited:

scho

Just poking around down at the waterfront on Cayuga Inlet and the Farmers Market with the Leica Q2M.

Gnarly old willow

Looking north towards Cayuga Lake with Steamboat Landing in the foreground.

At the landing dock in front of the market.

Turn around and you are at the waterfront entrance to the market.

Market stalls

spb

Staff member
You were right Carl what a delightful camera! Macro used. Settings 2.8, exp. comp -0.3, 1/50th at 1000 ISO. First shots with my Q2M.L1000012-Exposure.jpgL1000011-Exposure.jpg

spb

Staff member
Thanks Carl, It really is a revelation and very little work needed in Exposure X6, which already has profiles for camera and lens. I am pleased. I wish like Fujifilm they had a dual battery charger though.

spb

Staff member
Now for something different, a menu of the Civil Censorship Division, Group "B" APO 757 from 1945 - part of my family's history. It actually is a rather nice looking menu and must have been much appreciated at that time. The Q2M is pretty good as a copy machine, and does a great job of copying B & W prints from that era.
L1000111.jpg

Last edited: