The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Nokton48

OBLIVIONFIRE2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Oblivion Fire performing at the Reynoldsburg Tomato Festival. Hasselblad 500EL/M 350mm f5.6 (non T*) Tele-Tessar Hasselblad Polaroid Back Fuji 400 ASA B&W Instant Film (ordered from Japan). That's my Son playing his electric bass guitar. Of course I also shot regular B&W roll film, but these instant film photos are just so much fun to produce.

Nokton48

Shell Peco Jr 180mm f5.6 Fuji GX680 PanF+ D23 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Junior 180mm F5.6 Fuji GX680 Ilford PanF+ Plaubel Makina Film Back D23 1:1 JOBO Multitank6 Etone Tank Roller Omega DII 180mm black Rodagon laser aligned Arista #2 RC Dektol 1:2. Broncolor C200 Monolight Broncolor Octobox 150 Foamcore Fill Panel. Tim Layton digital background (printed at Sam's Club) on FOBA Sweep Table. Used a lot of camera movements to get the tines sharp as was possible.

Nokton48

Pecoflex Adapter Auto Maki 270 Tele Xenar Maki Cable Release by Nokton48, on Flickr

Pecoflex Adapter on Maikiflex Automatic Body, Makiflex Cable Release restored and now functional, a smooth releasing cable mechanism. Shown with 270mm Schneider Tele-Xenar, a short telephoto design perfect for 6.5x9cm with small movements. This was not an expensive lens and I am looking forward to using it more on the Plaubels. I used Military Grade Electrical Tape to strengthen the base of the cable. Most I have seen on the Internet are similarly damaged and repaired!

JaapD

Pecoflex Adapter Auto Maki 270 Tele Xenar Maki Cable Release by Nokton48, on Flickr

Pecoflex Adapter on Maikiflex Automatic Body, Makiflex Cable Release restored and now functional, a smooth releasing cable mechanism. Shown with 270mm Schneider Tele-Xenar, a short telephoto design perfect for 6.5x9cm with small movements. This was not an expensive lens and I am looking forward to using it more on the Plaubels. I used Military Grade Electrical Tape to strengthen the base of the cable. Most I have seen on the Internet are similarly damaged and repaired!
Thanks for posting this great piece of history. I think this camera inspired Fuji many years later to design their GX680 camera.

chears,
JaapD.

Nokton48

Thanks for posting this great piece of history. I think this camera inspired Fuji many years later to design their GX680 camera.

chears,
JaapD.

Thanks JaapD :)

6x9cm Linhof Rollex 120 Wind Knob Backs CLAed by Nokton48, on Flickr

Makiflex Std 1 150 Xenar Porro GX680 Linhof Wind Knobs CLAed by Nokton48, on Flickr

Camtronics just finished overhauling these two matching 6x9cm Linhof Rollex 120 Film Backs. They go onto Graphic Cameras, so the Makiflex Graphic Adapter goes onto my Makiflexes. What I like about these backs, is that the mechanisms are a pretty good match in function and feel, to the controls on the Makiflexes. So they are a great choice for these, one now loaded with Eastman 5222 Motion Picture Film, and the other with some Maco UP100. Ran multiple dummy rolls through these yesterday, both are super smooth and ready to go. And I dropped off two more matching units to them yesterday :) BTW I recovered these backs with rubber sheeting, intended for the Rollei SL66 Anniversary model, a friend picked it up from the Rollei Factory in Germany. Notice also how I redid the light trapping on the Makiflex Adapter, it was rotten. Recovered with the right thickness of adhesive sheet foam. So now lightproof, no leaks.

Last edited:

Nokton48

Kingswood Gardens Hassy 30mm Distagon Fisheye 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Frog Pond, Kingswood Gardens, Mansfield Ohio. Kodak 70mm Surveillance Film, ADOX Borax MQ dev, Hasselblad 500C/M 30mm T* Distagon, Handheld exposure. Arista #2 8x10 Matte RC paper, Multigrade dev. Processed in 70mm Kindermann Dev Tank. Kodak Surveillance reminds me a lot of the older Tri-X emulsion. The sun was just out of the frame upper left corner. The circular garden works well with the Hassy Fishy lens. This was a fun shoot! :)

W. Eugene Smith once said "It is difficult to use the fisheye intelligently". I'd agree with that.

Last edited: