The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

diggles

Last night I had a photo meetup with @Ray Harrison photographing the area around the Denver Art Museum. When we started the sky was overcast, but as dusk came around it ended up being quite nice.

This first image was made with the Rm3di + HBLD 100C + 50HR (about 20mm of camera fall and 10mm shift). Originally, this image was meant to be a vertical stitch of two images, but I decided to just keep the top half because the bottom of the scene was quite cluttered with construction, piles of snow, signage, etc. An LCC reference file was created, but I didn't end up using it.

1290 Broadway II by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

This second image was made with the GFX 100 II and 30mm TS (Direction 300° Shift 11.1mm). Since this is just a single image, I cleaned up some of the random stuff in the bottom half of this one.

1290 Broadway by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

diggles

Last week we had one of those mornings when it is foggy and ice is covering the trees. I don't make black and white images that often, but the color image was almost completely monochromatic so I decided why not.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the tree is in focus, the right side near is in focus, and the left side far is in focus. I'd like to claim I planned it this way, but when I made this picture I was still learning how to attach lenses to the Rm3di camera. If you don't line up the mount with the camera right it will go on crooked.

Arca Swiss Rm3di + Hasselblad 100C + APO Digitar 150N (Two images, 15mm left/right stitch, merged in Lightroom.)
Frosty Morning on Franklin Lake by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

diggles

Ok, I've got a couple more. Sorry for posting them all at once.

This image is the chimney for The Great Western Sugar Company in Windsor, Colorado. It's been a while since the sugar factory has been operating, but the chimney is still an icon of our town.

Arca Swiss Factum + Hasselblad 100C + 50HR (15mm camera fall)
Chimney by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

This is my last one for today. The Kodak Colorado Division is also located in Windsor, Colorado. At one time they employed around 2,000 people. Kodak is still making single use cameras here. A family friend works in the shipping department and he says that they ship out pallets of them everyday. It is quite an interesting area so I'm planning on going back for more…

Arca Swiss Factum + Hasselblad 100C + 50HR (About 7mm of camera fall)
Side Door by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

drunkenspyder

Last night I had a photo meetup with @Ray Harrison photographing the area around the Denver Art Museum. When we started the sky was overcast, but as dusk came around it ended up being quite nice.

This first image was made with the Rm3di + HBLD 100C + 50HR (about 20mm of camera fall and 10mm shift). Originally, this image was meant to be a vertical stitch of two images, but I decided to just keep the top half because the bottom of the scene was quite cluttered with construction, piles of snow, signage, etc. An LCC reference file was created, but I didn't end up using it.

1290 Broadway II by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

This second image was made with the GFX 100 II and 30mm TS (Direction 300° Shift 11.1mm). Since this is just a single image, I cleaned up some of the random stuff in the bottom half of this one.

1290 Broadway by Warren Diggles, on Flickr
Love that place. Thanks for sharing all the Colorado pics.

drunkenspyder

Why does this look like AI to me?
Pieter, you might be better suited to answer that. It's most certainly not. The processing of the raw image is in fact fairly light. Was just a lovely morning.

FWIW, here is an unedited [SOOC] iPhone JPG—quality and size both set to 'medium' for the export—taken about 15 minutes before the image above was taken with the Phase:
IMG_1714.jpeg

Last edited:

Pieter 12

Pieter, you might be better suited to answer that. It's most certainly not. The processing of the raw image is in fact fairly light. Was just a lovely morning.

FWIW, here is an unedited [SOOC] iPhone JPG—quality and size both set to 'medium' for the export—taken about 15 minutes before the image above was taken with the Phase:
View attachment 210942
I'm sorry. The prevalence of AI has me doubting everything I see now online.

drunkenspyder

I get it. No apologies please; not necessary. I like to think everyone here, even when we sometimes go down a rabbit hole or even get cantankerous [! ;) ], is acting in good faith. Personally, AI doesn't bother me. It's just another art form from my POV, and I have seen quite a bit that I actually liked. But it's not my art form.

Godfrey

My rescue orchid is plugging forward on opening blossoms ... #5 opened late Sunday and was ready to photograph yesterday. #6 just opened this morning ... Have to get the camera out again. And #7 will likely be in a day or two.

From a nearly dead stick to a beautiful flowering orchid, it makes me happy. :)

Five Blossoms-Sixth Opening (B&W)

Five Blossoms-Sixth Opening

Both made with:
Hasselblad 500CM, CFVII 50c, & CF Sonnar 180mm f/4 lens
ISO 400 @ f/16 @ 1 second (approximately)

What's your preference in rendering?

enjoy, G

scho

My rescue orchid is plugging forward on opening blossoms ... #5 opened late Sunday and was ready to photograph yesterday. #6 just opened this morning ... Have to get the camera out again. And #7 will likely be in a day or two.

Both made with:

enjoy, G
Both are lovely, but I prefer the full color version.

Shashin

There was an Instagram post about a set of photographs in a Super Bowl ad that were accused of being AI (they were not). The commentator remarked on how similar AI images looked to some of the most expensive photographs from artists like Gregory Crewdson known for elaborate staged landscapes. It was not lost on the author that some of the cheapest and some of the most expensive images now looked the same.

Here is the Instagram post (I hope the link works): Instagram: the look of extreme artificiality

lookbook

Both made with:

enjoy, G
... I prefer bw -
it's gentler and quieter ...

drunkenspyder

There was an Instagram post about a set of photographs in a Super Bowl ad that were accused of being AI (they were not). The commentator remarked on how similar AI images looked to some of the most expensive photographs from artists like Gregory Crewdson known for elaborate staged landscapes. It was not lost on the author that some of the cheapest and some of the most expensive images now looked the same.

Here is the Instagram post (I hope the link works): Instagram: the look of extreme artificiality
Very interesting. Thanks for that. And the link worked just fine.