The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K-3 III & K-3 III M

scho

A few shots taken while walking around the Ithaca College campus (very quiet now with students mostly gone for the summer).

Two views of the chapel.

Unravelled rope on footbridge

Natural sciences center

Pentax K-3 III Monochrome DA 20-40 2.8-4

Last edited:

pegelli

Hey Carl, I really like what you're showing with that K-3 III monochrome, Nice detail without getting harsh (as much as you can tell from web size images)
How would you compare it to the Pixii in monochrome mode, different or similar?

scho

Hi Pieter,

Thank you and I'm also quite pleased with the Pentax mono. Both the Pixii and Pentax image quality is very good, but the Pentax is more refined and easier to use. Big plus with the Pixii is convenient switch from mono to color. Both have an excellent selection of lenses available.

lookbook

A few more from the Pentax K-3 III Monochrome with FA 43/1.9. All at f/8 and auto ISO.

Bucket of Calla lilies ISO 400

Two hard boiled eggs ISO 25600

Orchids ISO 1600

... beautiful gray gradients and gripping sharpness!
Congratulations on the new camera Carl ...

scho

A few more snaps taken today in Stewart Park on Cayuga Lake. Pentax K-3 III Monochrome with the FA 77/1.8 Limited. Today the wind shifted to the North and was coming straight out of Canada so our air quality was hazardous again because of fine particulates from the wildfire smoke. Not as bad as last week when we had AQI of 300-400. Only about 121 right now but enough so I could smell the smoke.

scho

Hi Pieter,

Thank you and I'm also quite pleased with the Pentax mono. Both the Pixii and Pentax image quality is very good, but the Pentax is more refined and easier to use. Big plus with the Pixii is convenient switch from mono to color. Both have an excellent selection of lenses available.
A late followup on comparing Pixii with Pentax K-3 Monochrome. Two comparison shots:

Pentax K-3 III Monochrome with DA 20-40 @40mm

Pixii Monochrome with Leica 24/2.8 Elmarit

scho

Finally was released from house confinement and went for walk in the city park. Shocked to see the out of control growth along the lake shore. Need to get into the water for an unobstructed lake view now.

Pentax K-3 III Monochrome DA 15/4.

A tropical air mass moved in today along with severe storm and tornado warnings from the weather service. Rare event prior to recent climate change, but no longer unusual at all.

Pentax K-3 III DA 15/4

scho

Whooping Crane sculpture at Sapsucker Woods pond. Pentax K-3 III Monochrome with the DA 20-40.

and the same with my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 cellphone camera.

B L

Whooping Crane sculpture at Sapsucker Woods pond. Pentax K-3 III Monochrome with the DA 20-40.

and the same with my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 cellphone camera.

Phone cameras! They give tough competitions to well established names!
Its time for all major camera players to install GSM/LTE module and a Sim slot in their cameras to make them phone Pentax,phone Sony etc.
The mic and bleepping speaker is already there :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: