The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Sigma fp and fp L

scho

Fotodiox finally produced a vertex rotary stitching adapter for L mount cameras, including the Sigma fp and fp L . If you like square format high resolution images then this is an excellent setup and the fp L is ideal. It shoots 4 rotated images to produce a stitched approx. 1:1 format image at about 165 MP.

SIgma fp L with Mamiya 645 55/2.8 N lens in Fotodiox Vertex adapter. Stitched image reduced by 50% for upload.

scho

One more test shot using the Mamiya 35mm in the Vertex adapter. Interior shot (haven't ventured outside for long because of Canadian wildfire smoke pollution and unhealthy air quality). This a full size image (click for full-size file) exported to Flickr at 75% quality jpeg. Original DNG was 157 MP.

scho

The old farmhouse at MacKenzie-Childs in Aurora, NY was decorated for the holiday, but other than my wife and I no one else was there.

fp L with Mamiya 645 35/3.5 in Fotodiox Vertex adapter (8 shots stitched in LR Photomerge)

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Fotodiox finally produced a vertex rotary stitching adapter for L mount cameras, including the Sigma fp and fp L . If you like square format high resolution images then this is an excellent setup and the fp L is ideal. It shoots 4 rotated images to produce a stitched approx. 1:1 format image at about 165 MP.

SIgma fp L with Mamiya 645 55/2.8 N lens in Fotodiox Vertex adapter. Stitched image reduced by 50% for upload.
Sort of overlooked this. But in deed this is quiet interesting. I see they have one for Pentax lenses as wel. May be I give it a try.
Thanks for posting, Carl.