The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M11M and summilux 50 MK II officially launched!

Paul Spinnler

Courtesy of LR – WHAT A SLAM DUNK!

One can hear the price of M10Ms dropping!
  • Monochrome BSI CMOS Sensor with Triple Resolution Technology (60/36/18 MP)
  • ISO range: 125 to ISO 200.000
  • 256 GB internal memory
  • Apple MFi & Leica FOTOS support
  • No logo design
  • Aluminum top cover
  • Scratch-resistant black paint finish
  • Sapphire monitor cover glass
  • Dark chrome OVF coating
  • Made in Germany
  • Weight (camera): 461g (without battery)
  • Price: over €9,000/$9,000
  • Announcement date: April 13
  • What’s included:
    • Leica M11 Monochrom camera
    • Body cap
    • Hot shoe cover
    • Battery (BP-SCL7)
    • Charger Set (BC SCL7) & USB cable
    • Leica FOTOS cable
    • Carrying strap
    • Quick Start Guide

Last edited:

algrove

Trying to imagine dark chrome OVF coating. Guess that means no silver border.

Wait -what no lens for $9k? Who would buy a camera without a kit lens. Oh wait, I see the new kit lens is the new 50/1.4.

OK.

Last edited:

algrove

I will only get the M11M if the base ISO is 125.;)

And I will only get the new 50/1.4 if it has close focus like my 35/1.4 FLE II.😊

Last edited:

Paul Spinnler

The new Summilux looks a lot bulkier and seems to be the ultimate SX50 – close focus, better performance, smoother bokeh ... like the only one lens one needs ...

algrove

To me the hand of the person shown does not have slender fingers and thus makes anything held look large.

But what do we do with our APO50's?
And our 50 Noctilux's?
And our rigid 50/2.0
And our Elcan 50/2.0?
And our pre-ASPH 50/1.4
etc

Last edited:

Paul Spinnler

Indeed it will be interesting to see how they position the new SX and whether it will impact the APO.

The APO is extremely compact and has perfect sharpness across the frame.

The SX's MTF curves look very good as well, but I think the look might still be different and more characterful.

Only first-hand reviews will tell ...

Paratom

Personally I really do appreciate the APO M lenses for its neutral clarity, contrast, color rendering, all in relativly small size.
But having a closer focusing distance with the 50 Summilux is clearly nice. I like the short focusing distance of the 35 APO.
But I agree the image of the 50 Lux looks like the lens has quite a ig diameter (for a M lens), personally I am a fan of thesmaller lenses.

Paul Spinnler

Let’s be honest. The M11M with the new SX50 will be one amazing piece of kit.

The buttery smooth portraits this beast combo will crank out … with the high DR of the files you will be able to create very nice B&W files.

Little lift and smoothing in the shadows and you have the HP5 look – combined with the new SX50 which promises to have very high micro contrast and the famed Leica summilux bokeh ...

Paul Spinnler

In the tone curve if you lift the shadows and the make sure the curve flattens into the mids … this is what HP5 does it moves shadows into the lower mids

1681331844827.jpeg
1681331861120.jpeg

Last edited:

algrove

Tracking info received. Saturday I should have it.
Will have to wait on the 50/1.4 a bit more, but it has been ordered a long time ago.

Last edited:

algrove

It has now arrived at my city this morning well before noon, but UPS won't deliver until Monday even though it was paid for today, Saturday delivery! Give me non-union FEDEX.

I was told by dealer to upload a new FW before using. I hope those UPS drivers using it today and tomorrow have their images messed up as they might not know about the new FW update requirement.

Last edited: