The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

How could I not? There are fora where this ought not be said, but the F6 made me sell off all my other 35mm cameras* (save for those no one wanted to buy, and those that used 35mm film but with half sized frames). I settled on two systems for what I assumed to be my last chance to use the contents of my film freezer: the F6 for 35mm and a Hasselblad V for 120. Turned out no one wanted to buy the 4x5 Chamonix, and I never offered for sale the Olympus Trip 35, OM2ns, or Pen F/Pen FT/Pen FV systems. The bone marrow transplant may have worked well, but I'm superstitious enough to not type the 'C' word. So it looks like future photos I make will have to be half-frame 35mm, full frame 35mm, 6x6cm and 4x5". I expect I can cope with those restrictions!

*Yes, the asterisk means all those cameras from Wetzlar that ought never to be sold (and yet they were, easily). But no one wants to buy the bellows, Visoflex, or the full range of Visoflex lenses. I'm moving house in a couple of months, and all sorts of darkroom and camera junk is going to the dumpster. Ask if you think I might have what you want!

chrism

Continuing to try to make 35mm look as good as MF. This was Plus-X rated at 400, developed in Diafine, and shot through an Olympus OM-2n with an 85mm/f2 lens. One strobe from the left, and a continuous light on the backdrop to soften the shadow. 1/60 @ f5.6.

chrism

Thank you - my favourite focal length for portraits. Trying out the equivalent 60mm/f1.5 on a Pen-F today.