The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

P. Chong

Happy Boxing Day everyone. I went to the Singapore Flyer yesterday...my first time...though it opened in 2008. It used to be the world's largest observation wheel, bigger than the London Eye, but is now no3, after the Dubai Eye and High Roller in Vegas. Tried to get there to shoot the sunset, but only managed to get on board when the sun was setting, and the rotation of the wheel starts with the capsules facing East, Only managed to get a view of the Central Business District on the way down, about 30minutes after.

Fujifilm GFX 50S II with Hasselblad HCD 4/28 and H Adapter. Hand held, and photographed through the glass of the capsule.

flyer-cbd-1.jpg

A few more pics here.

Last edited:

bcambern

Here are a few taken around Lone Pine from 2018. A spectacular place and very easy to camp. It is very heavily visited and photographed and so it is hard to be very original. By way of illustration, I included my imitation of my favorite Ansel Adams print. Have fun. Tom (all with 645Z).
Well done on the Ansel imitation. I had that poster hanging on my wall for many years.

Makten

Simulating crappy bellows 6x6 camera by putting a Zeiss 50/1.4 Planar ZF on the GFX. It's technically still medium format since 33x33 is larger than 24x36, and significantly larger than 24x24 that you would end up with on the smaller sensor if shooting 1:1. 😁 The two first ones are shot wide open to soften things up a bit, but I think I stopped down to f/2.4 for the last one...

_DSF1347_2048.jpg

_DSF1349_2048.jpg

_DSF1360_2048.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Simulating crappy bellows 6x6 camera by putting a Zeiss 50/1.4 Planar ZF on the GFX. It's technically still medium format since 33x33 is larger than 24x36, and significantly larger than 24x24 that you would end up with on the smaller sensor if shooting 1:1. 😁 The two first ones are shot wide open to soften things up a bit, but I think I stopped down to f/2.4 for the last one...

View attachment 190529

View attachment 190530

View attachment 190531
Love the second one!

Greg Haag

Closing out 2021 with a shot from my trip last March in Death Valley. I had gone out early this day for a sunrise shot, it looked like it was going to be a bust, however shortly before the sun crested the mountains behind me the clouds rolled in and then on the verge of sunrise the sky exploded with color. It was only one of two days on this trip that the sky cooperated.

IQ4 150 Cambo 1600 Rodenstock 32mm

Death Valley -7.jpg